Replacement ECM

mytc05

Hi all,

Just wondering how expensive replacement ECM’s for the V6’s are, and how hard they are to come by? Has anyone had success with re-mans or know a company that sells our ECM’s or rebuilds them for someone if theirs fails? I have a spare that I’ve thought about selling that’s on my parts car, but wondering if I should hold on to it for the future in case mine ever fails. Not sure how likely that is to happen, but trying to determine if it would be much better to hold on to it or if I should just sell it?

2 hours ago, mytc05 said:

Hi all,

Just wondering how expensive replacement ECM’s for the V6’s are, and how hard they are to come by? Has anyone had success with re-mans or know a company that sells our ECM’s or rebuilds them for someone if theirs fails? I have a spare that I’ve thought about selling that’s on my parts car, but wondering if I should hold on to it for the future in case mine ever fails. Not sure how likely that is to happen, but trying to determine if it would be much better to hold on to it or if I should just sell it?

I would recommend that you hold on to it as long as you have a TC that could use it. Our ECMs fail very rarely, however you might be very sorry if you sold it and later needed one.

There is someone on the Facebook list who has been looking for one for months so they must be fairly hard to find. That person also noted that they have not been able to find anyone who could rebuild it and successfully. That said I'm looking for a running parts car now 🙂

2 hours ago, Kevinflys said:

There is someone on the Facebook list who has been looking for one for months so they must be fairly hard to find. That person also noted that they have not been able to find anyone who could rebuild it and successfully. That said I'm looking for a running parts car now 🙂

Larry Carlson has hundreds of TCs in his ‘junk yard.’  Them there is Marty at ARIZONA parts!  
Why don’t one of you guys respond to people’s needs ?

• 2 weeks later...

"Marty" I believe is is on a # of forums. He has nos stuff to if it's the same person I'm thinking of. Few and far between posts. Are the Lebaron pcm's the same(correct engine of course)? Never looked into this but if they are not hold on to it. I have a Mopar performance pcm for my 2.2 Daytona witch took me a while to find.

You can interchange ECMs between various platforms as long as they are equipped with the same basic components. A Daytona or a LeBaron ECM (SMEC) will very likely give you better performance in a TC with the 8 valve engine than the original TC SMEC.

I would think they would be programed about the same performance wise. There is a difference between the T1 and T2 motors. The MP unit is programed more for performance(more boost). I happened to find a list of part #'s, Here are the only ones listed for the TC's.

4425209    1989   MASERATI TC 16V M/T

5233258    1989     MASERATI TC TII A/T

5234124    1989     MASERATI TC TII A/T
5234126    1989     MASERATI TC TII A/T CAL

• 3 months later...