1964 Electra Convertible $19,000 or best offer on ebay - Miami

John2012

Seems like a nice car.  The Seller's request for payment seems suspect to me, although he does have a good overall rating.  

Pasted from the listing:

"1964 Buick Electra 225 Convertible. This is a top of line model for 1964.It shows 20000 miles but it’s possible it’s turned over. I can’t be sure. It starts on the button every time and runs and drives as it should. Engine and transmission are excellent and pull strongly. It is an air conditioned car. The car has unbelievable power. The brakes and suspension are excellent and the Convertible top which is like new and the other features work as they should.It has been taken care of overall by the previous long term elderly owner who passed away.The car has small imperfections throughout and isn’t perfect but nothing that detracts from its overall appearance and eyeball value,This is a unique opportunity at this price which you won’t see anywhere

PLEASE READ ALL THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASE. THANK YOU. 

As soon as your offer is accepted please send your name,number and email immediately so I can contact you with account details as well as pickup details etc etc 

You are required to wire full payment or direct deposit the full purchase price to my business bank account within 3 days. No PayPal is accepted unless done as

“friends and family” ONLY!    Payment by Zelle is also accepted. 

Those are the ONLY forms of payment accepted. 

Payment must be effected within 3 days."

Picture 1 of 36

Picture 13 of 36

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As painful as it was, I always flew or drove out to see the car I was buying to ensure everything was in order.  For example, I like to meet people at their house, check titles, addresses, and conduct random google searches.  Of course, the condition of car is important. The only way I would buy sight unseen is from sellers who have an sustained excellent reputation on this site and others.

Geez, look that dash and the clarity of the instrumentation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lancemb said:

No it isn't.  More people are doing this to avoid receiving a 1099 for personal/hobby transactions.  The new reporting laws are where the BS lies.

RIght, but why would anyone send someone $20k with no protections unless they know them?  I don't have that kinda gambling cash.  In that case they need to ask for a deposit and the rest in cash, in person.

Cash in person 

2 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:

RIght, but why would anyone send someone $20k with no protections unless they know them?  I don't have that kinda gambling cash.  In that case they need to ask for a deposit and the rest in cash, in person.

Right, but no different than cash or wire transfer.  I've sold a couple cars online and gotten paid via wire transfer. Naturally, striking a deal in person is always better.  Plus, if legal remedies need to be pursued it's not like there is no record of the agreement.

Nonetheless this is the quagmire and collateral damage our great government administration has created, as a result of trying to bilk more tax money out of us to desperately try to cover for the overspending.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2