Please help identify these pre-1908 automobiles

Blazing the Way

image.jpeg.3741d4fd90226c9af13eab0a88f15b5e.jpegimage.png.cb3f57c7a36235fe12f66b39348f99d5.png

Images of my great grand uncle from route guides he published in 1906 and 1907 respectively based on route research he personally conducted the prior summers in the greater Chicago area, northern Indiana, southern Michigan and Wisconsin. I've found a number of newspaper articles mentioning him driving a Reo during this period-- as early as August 13, 1905 and as late as July 30, 1907. Taken together these articles describe it as a red Reo runabout. However, I contacted both the R. E. Olds museum and the Henry Ford about what specific model it was and neither was even sure it was a Reo. Anyway, I'm hoping someone out there can identify the specific make and model of the automobile(s) in these images and prove their case.

I'm also curious if this sketch from the title page of a 1908 guide he published depicts any specific model:

image.jpeg.f41d0c300609f998ffd6e4b9f6398ca1.jpeg

Thank you!

No Ford. Packard went to their distinctive radiator look very early, and none of these cars have that radiator. The hubcaps on the one car do look somewhat like what Packard used, and they also did begin using that style hubcap rather early. I looked in my Kimes and Clark book, all things considered, I don't think any of these are a Packard.

As for the off center rear differential? Many one and two cylinder chain drive automobiles had off center differentials, regardless of the type transmission. I am pretty sure that none of the cars pictured were a Metz, although some other friction drive car may be possible. Lambert built quite a variety of models and styles of friction drive automobiles.

The drawing may or not be an actual specific car. It looks pretty close to some Buick models around 1908 to 1910. However, a few other cars had very similar appearance.

The two photographs? I could name a hundred cars they are not. But I do not have any good suggestions for what they are.

• 1 month later...

So what's the consensus on the first two images...

Do y'all think it is the same car in both images or not?

If not, could it be the case that the first is a photo of some variety of Reo that he actually drove in the field and the second is some other make borrowed for a staged studio photo?