The 75th, Diamond Jubilee! The Best Meet Ever!!

R W Burgess

Doing a little house cleaning yesterday, and came across this cool license plate that had gotten lost in 30+ years of being an AACA member,

Back in 2010, Gloria and I attended our first indoor AACA Meet. Wow, it was a real winner! Everyone indoors, seminars at the same location and a couple of tours of the local important places to see there. 

Best of all? The coolest license plate we have ever received as a trophy. Everyone received one. WOW!

75TH PLATE.jpg

• R W Burgess changed the title to The 75th, Diamond Jubilee! The Best Meet Ever!!

Wayne, I still have mine. Yours is not quite as fancy as mine. They had 2 raised "diamonds" that were applied to the plate, one marked "show" and one marked "tour" that were applied over the two printed diamonds on the plate. It is a thick brass plate and is certainly the nicest memorabilia that I think I have received from an AACA event. 

DSC_2257.JPG

Edited by MCHinson (see edit history)

13 hours ago, MCHinson said:

Wayne, I still have mine. Yours is not quite as fancy as mine. They had 2 raised "diamonds" that were applied to the plate, one marked "show" and one marked "tour" that were applied over the two printed diamonds on the plate. It is a thick brass plate and is certainly the nicest memorabilia that I think I have received from an AACA event. 

I had forgotten about the "extras". I attended all but no idea about the missing diamonds. Oh well!

W.

3 hours ago, R W Burgess said:

I had forgotten about the "extras". I attended all but no idea about the missing diamonds. Oh well!

W.

I don't remember, maybe they provided them separately and you just did not put yours on the plate? Maybe you might find them somewhere close by.

• Like 1

Sadly, back in 2010 I had a family emergency two days before I was scheduled to leave for this event and had to cancel my plans.

I had hoped there might be an Anniversary event like the 75th when the AACA turned 85 but other things happened back then.

In 2025 (1+ years from now) the AACA will celebrate it's 90th Anniversary.  Might be nice to have another celebration like the one in 2010. That would be especially nice for those that missed the 75th or were not members back then. Does that facility where the 75th was held still exist or is there similar one like it?

Now that the new AACA building is done, I'm sure Steve M. is looking for another special project to do in his spare time. 😁 😉

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 1:22 PM, MCHinson said:

I don't remember, maybe they provided them separately and you just did not put yours on the plate? Maybe you might find them somewhere close by.

I believe you 'earned' those because you entered a qualifying car and participated in both the tour and the show?  And those who only showed a car, but not toured with it would have only received one diamond marked 'show', and vice-versa if they only went on the tour but didn't have it on show?   

Correct me if I am wrong, but Wayne may have been one who attended without their car, but still received the complimentary plate for registering and being at the event without those added stick-on 'bonus' diamonds.

Craig

Boy, can not believe I still have these photos from 2010. I must have 100 photos of that one!

Yes we were at the meet and participated in the tours. It was a special event. Gosh, we need this one again!!

I just added Earl and Judy Beauchamp's photo plus one of the Chiotti's from Santa Rosa California!

Wait, one more! Everyone my age needs pairs of socks like these!!!!!!

SDC12324.JPG

SDC12381.JPG

IMG_4426.JPG

SDC12351.JPG

SDC12404.JPG

SDC12403.JPG

SDC12589.JPG