TCP global acrylic lacquer paint

joelj

Curious if anyone has had experience using TPC global acrylic lacquer. I have used fast drying single stage lacquer in the past with good results and I am wondering how their product compares to the PPG lacquer I was able to get 12 years ago. It also looks like they can mix it in original colors from their paint library. I just never heard of the company until I tried doing searces for lacquer paint and found their website Tcpglobal.com

I think you are referring to TCP Global in San Diego.  https://tcpglobal.com

If so, I have used their acrylic lacquer for over 20 years. It's a quality product equivalent to PPG. In fact the lacquer thinner numbers are the same as PPG's.

For primer, I use TP Tools Direct to Metal 2K Urethane High Build Primer (#TP-1063). Much better than lacquer primer/surfacer.  Dries quickly and sands easily.

I painted some test panels about 3 three years ago (trying to find just the right shade of yellow for my speedster).

They buffed out really nice and there has been no fading, peeling, .etc.  Of course, all of this is due to proper preparation.

They are good people and willing to talk over the phone. I just purchased about $1,300 worth of lacquer paint from them a couple of months ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you! I was also wondering if TCP's lacquer was similar to PPG. Glad to hear it is. 👍