My new to me 1955 Model 66C

Elpad

On 8/31/2023 at 5:46 PM, old-tank said:

Are you sure it wasn't vapor lock?

Last night after the show, I laid down on that new carpet covering. The building AC was blowing at a confortable 65 degrees, I could have fall sleep 🛌 right there. Anyways the clear in line fuel filter showed a bit of gas but when I tapped the gas tank, an empty sound resonated through my ears. Boy, was I lucky to made it to that building and not stall on heavy traffic. Definitely will bring my ️ next Sunday.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Show is over, poured 5 gallons of gas and started right up. Best of show went to a Mercedes 190 SL that was recently restored in Germany, what a beauty. Got a ribbon and a participation plaque for attending as an exhibitor. Funny, everybody displaying their vehicles got one with the car picture that I took since I’m the club so called last resort photographer. 

IMG_3471.jpeg

• Like 10

Did not want to take any chances and filled with an additional 5 more gallons of octane premium so I could make it to a Rec-90 station close to home. It was a sweet 20 + miles top down ride to the last gas station to find no Rec-90 available. filled with high test again to top off and drove home into the garage where the car stalled. Now for sure it is vapor-lock. 

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Gypsy at the Art Deco Weekend car show held at South Beach, FL. Took one of 10 best winner awards issued among 60 plus car entries, not bad. Overcast 72 degrees temp. Here are some pictures

IMG_5340.jpeg

IMG_5336.jpeg

IMG_5332.jpeg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Smartin said:

Awesome!  

We were in Miami 2 years ago, and were stunned by all of the old Art Deco buildings along that strip.  So cool.  Even better ay night when they were all lit up.

Yes, I also remember the “Miami Vice” introduction scenes. Here are some of the other brand cars that were in the show which depict similar colors of the Art Deco buildings

IMG_5276.jpeg

• Like 7

Yesterday at a small local car show supporting the Columbus High School Car Club, pictured with two of four of my grandsons who attends the school

IMG_5427.jpeg

• Like 6

On 1/15/2024 at 7:59 AM, Elpad said:

Here are some of the other brand cars that were in the show which depict similar colors of the Art Deco buildings

Wonderful composition of the photos—coordinating the car and building colors and the shapes of the cars. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

AACA South Florida Region, Biltmore car show in conjunction with the Festival on the Mile. Coral Gables, Fl. 

IMG_6104.jpeg

IMG_6046.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sebastienbuick said:

Superb photos, your Buick is magnificent and the other cars are very beautiful too .
And I really like the landscape, the buildings,... :) 

Thanks, I’m enjoying this car thanks to Old Tank who restored this beauty. The City of Coral Gables is based on an Old Mediterranean architecture, you can find beautiful buildings and houses depicting this discipline throughout the city.

• Like 2

Gypsy was a winner in the American 🇺🇸 Production 1950’s class. Back in the garage awaiting next outing 

IMG_6111.jpeg

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Elpad said:

Thanks, I’m enjoying this car thanks to Old Tank who restored this beauty. The City of Coral Gables is based on an Old Mediterranean architecture, you can find beautiful buildings and houses depicting this discipline throughout the city.

Agreed, yes it's a beautiful city, and if one day I go on vacation to this region, I will visit this city :)
Your Buick is very very beautiful, and the work done is fabulous, it is superb ! :) 

7 minutes ago, sebastienbuick said:

Agreed, yes it's a beautiful city, and if one day I go on vacation to this region, I will visit this city :)
Your Buick is very very beautiful, and the work done is fabulous, it is superb ! :) 

When visiting Miami and vicinity, please contact me for sightseeing 

https://www.coralgables.com/department/historical-resources-cultural-arts/history-coral-gables

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Attended another local show and Gypsy took a 1st in class trophy presented by “My Classic Car” show Dennis Gage who was invited to participate. Looks like the other two black Buicks keeps following me from venue to venue. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

It was a beautiful convertible top down day which started at a pleasant 59 degrees and the temperature climbing into a yearly Miami average of 75o’

Had a mishap when I got home, the top started to close in an award manner and had to force pulled to the left while activating the up/down level. Finally managed to align the front pins finding upon inspection that the left rear scissor top actuator bolt (don’t know for sure how it is called) was sheared. Perhaps Old Tank can guide me in the right direction into where to get one of these. Looks like I would have to drill and extract the broken piece before a new install. Your thoughts?

IMG_6600.png

IMG_6598.png

On 4/6/2024 at 7:52 PM, Elpad said:

Driver’s side

IMG_6602.jpeg

Hi Elpad

Sorry this happened to you, I don't think anyone sells these bolts, you may have to have one made. 

I will ask around and see if anyone has had an issue like this.

Steve

• Thanks 1

They do sell a kit for a whole top but to expensive just to get a pivot bolt. I might take the other side out and see if it can be duplicated. Thanks , appreciate any help 

Al

This is the picture of the kit provided by Old Tank that did a research for me, looks like the bolt is in package #4.  He also sent me a diagram and the bolt part number. Thanks Willy

IMG_6627.jpeg

• Like 3