Remaining Reattas

Barney Eaton

I was doing some computer file clean up and came across this chart showing information on the number of Reattas registered in the US. 

I had a contact at R.L.Polk and he would send the info to me every few years.   

This is a chart I made in 2018,  the last year I was able to get the information from Polk.   

Also note this is info only on registered cars.... cars in collections and museums are probably not registered.   Also any collection of parts cars would not be counted. 

Just to see what it looked like I projected the curve using 2014 to 2018 as the start......  remember this is just a projection based only on the 2014 to 2018 numbers.

I suspect the number today is closer to 5000 than the 4000 number shown

I have attempted to contact the company that purchased Polk but they have not responded.     

2023 estimate.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The 2018 information was not as detailed....... it only tells me the number by state.  Here are the high number of states. 

Mich = 597

ohio = 562

PENN = 365

FLORIDA = 345

CALIF = 337

The last detailed numbers were from 2015,   I will try and copy and post later, here is an example.. 

2015..... 1990 coups = 2231 which is 35% of the original produced ( 6383 was total production)

1990 convertibles = 1364 or  64% of the 2132 originally  produced so the survival rate of convertibles is roughly twice that of coupes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

...so the survival rate of convertibles is roughly twice that of coupes. 

Interesting, but not surprising.  That trend seems to hold true in general.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:01 AM, Barney Eaton said:

I suspect the number today is closer to 5000 than the 4000 number shown

The low numbers might explain why posting about Reattas is at an all time low. It's hard to believe that this Reatta forum was once one of the busiest forums on the AACA website. Now it's one of the slowest. In spite of that it still has one of the highest number of total posts of all the forums. I still miss the old days when there were lots of posts about the Buick Reatta. Time changes everything...

• Like 2

Ronnie...........Maybe because of sites like yours,  owners get the answers they need without posting here. 

There is only one full time Reatta parts vendor,  yet there seems to be sufficient parts to keep them on the road.  

Had a first time question yesterday... they needed a vacumn tank so their cruise control would work. 

8 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Ronnie...........Maybe because of sites like yours,  owners get the answers they need without posting here. 

That could be true. I was thinking there is such a low number now that are being driven on a daily basis that not many questions are being asked.

On 8/11/2023 at 6:57 PM, Ronnie said:

Time changes everything...

It does.  We all miss the "good old days".  But they're gone, just like my hairline!  Gotta make the best of what we have now.  Hey, could we use a digital printer to clone Reattas?😊

Edited by Blue90 (see edit history)

Marcks Facebook group is extremely active. There’s definitely a lot of newer owners on there. They ask a lot of the common questions. If I know of a thread here I comment that. Or some of the great guides from Ronnie’s site. I have seen a handful of people who cross post here and there.