1928 Studebaker Commander F/S, Kenyon MN. $14,000

For Sale on Facebook 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/955122979117046/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

Up for your consideration is this beautiful 1928 studebaker commander car..last ran on 2020 it was always stored in a climate controlled building until recently.. asking $ 14,000 located near Kenyon MN . Possible trades on steam engines or steel wheeled tractors. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I have no connections or interest in the sale of this 1928 Studebaker 

IMG_4786.jpeg

IMG_4787.jpeg

IMG_4788.jpeg

IMG_4789.jpeg

IMG_4791.jpeg

IMG_4792.jpeg

IMG_4793.jpeg

IMG_4790.jpeg

IMG_4794.jpeg

• Like 2

This is the early 1928 Commander Series GB which has the former Big Six 354 ci, 75 hp engine on the 120" wb.   During July 1928 the 1928 1/2 Commander Series GH with the same chassis but updated styling superseded the Series GB.  By the color combination, this Studebaker was restored in the 1960's to 1980's.

• Like 1

Nice looking car and it seems like a reasonable asking price.  Just wondering about a few things since I don't know a lot about Studebakers.  To me, the tail lights look like model A lights - is that correct? Also, is there an air filter missing on the carburetor? 

Yeah those look like model A Ford tail lamps.

I love Studebakers from the 1910s through the mid 1920s. I had a 1925 standard six many years ago, and loved it. I would love to again have any model through 1927 (the nickel era club I like cuts off at 1927). 

I personally prefer cars that have been restored to something closer to how they were when they were late model cars. Not just the tail lamps, but the funky tailpipe, and the looks homemade spare tire carrier make me wonder what else they didn't make any effort to do correctly. "Follow the fad" poor choice of colors does hurt the car. The interior looks to be nicely done, however it is not correctly done for sedans of that era.

The 1928 Commander is a fine model of Studebaker! The 354 ci big six had been Studebaker's powerhouse engine for over ten years! It began in 1915 (I had one!) and with minor upgrades and improvements in design it kept getting better.

If someone wanted a late 1920s car to carry friends in comfort, and really did not care about the colors or the interior as it is? This could be a very enjoyable car if one could get it at a good price (And if a few things were more correctly done, the price wouldn't be out of line in my humble opinion).

As always, with any collector car, one should check it over carefully before deciding to buy.

• Like 1