WTB 1936 Buick grill guard

35 Drop

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Other than the photo above and a couple of restomods/low riders, I haven't seen that type of grill guard on a '36.

You might want to check eBay once in a while. I've seen them there, but even the unrestored ones are pricey.

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jolly_John said:

I hate to be critical, but the mounting clips on the reproduction from Chevs of the 40's seem really crude. Just one guy's opinion, of course. John

i don't really disagree with you but I think they are designed to be utilitarian. When you mount them behind the bumper, only a small portion of the mounting brackets will be visible from the front and I doubt they stand out that much.  The mounting brackets are not that much different from those used on many spotlights that clamp onto the bumper brackets and those don't really attract enough attention to stand out. Personally, I don't care for the appearance of the grille guard itself, but it is probably the best reasonably priced alternative for someone who does like the look of those types of grille guards..  

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 3:16 PM, Jolly_John said:

I hate to be critical, but the mounting clips on the reproduction from Chevs of the 40's seem really crude. Just one guy's opinion, of course. John

I don`t think this type would fit on a `36 Buick bumper, too much radius on the top and bottom of the bumper. Looks like it is made for a flat faced bumper.