Wedding cars- 1972

Fargoguy

15 hours ago, alsancle said:

If your parents were married in 72 that would make you the young guy around here.

That is made up by a head start of being born into a vintage car family.   Not many are so privileged to be around antique cars since infancy.

Craig

23 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

That is made up by a head start of being born into a vintage car family.   Not many are so privileged to be around antique cars since infancy.

Craig

Agreed. I myself am hoping to hit 90 before my luck runs out.

AJ011.jpg

• Like 2

While we are on the subject it might be good to check with your insurance company if you do rent out your car for a wedding. A few years ago one of the club members rented his car out for a wedding. Unbeknownst  to him, his insurance agent was attending the ceremony. His agent pulled him aside and said "you have had your insurance with me for 40 years and never mentioned that you rent your car out". He went on to say "you put me in a very awkward spot, if you read your insurance policy, it specifically states that your car can not be used in any commercial enterprise". His agent told him "if you have an accident and it's being used for hire, I'm not going to be able to help you and you could be in a lot of financial trouble". Check your insurance policy if you do rent your antique car out.

• Like 3

The DB appears to have  Rex “ Winter Car “ top ( note: fixed , rectangular rear window , with removable side window attachments ) either as original from the factory 

or available as aftermarket 

Rex Manufacturing Connersville ,in. 

On 7/23/2023 at 1:48 PM, alsancle said:

A generic wedding car thread might be interesting.    If your parents were married in 72 that would make you the young guy around here.

I like to think I’m young- but mid 40s isn’t a spring chicken any more. Born into a car family, I got started very early and have been addicted ever since. My first car tour was at 1 month old strapped in a car seat in our 1939 Mercury sedan. 

IMG_3096.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 12:44 PM, Jim Skelly said:

Are the cars still around?

They are- still owned by the same family who are great friends to this day. I took this pic of the dodge just last weekend - the Pontiac is undergoing some refreshening and I hope to have new pics soon. 

IMG_5784.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 2:33 PM, 46 woodie said:

While we are on the subject it might be good to check with your insurance company if you do rent out your car for a wedding. A few years ago one of the club members rented his car out for a wedding. Unbeknownst  to him, his insurance agent was attending the ceremony. His agent pulled him aside and said "you have had your insurance with me for 40 years and never mentioned that you rent your car out". He went on to say "you put me in a very awkward spot, if you read your insurance policy, it specifically states that your car can not be used in any commercial enterprise". His agent told him "if you have an accident and it's being used for hire, I'm not going to be able to help you and you could be in a lot of financial trouble". Check your insurance policy if you do rent your antique car out.

That includes letting your kid deliver pizza, in any of your cars.