For Sale: 1939 Mercury sedan - Project - $9,750 - Tulsa, OK - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,500: 2-10-2024.

For Sale: 1939 Mercury sedan - Project - $9,750 - Tulsa, OK - Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,500: 2-10-2024. See New Link Below.

1939 Mercury sedan - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:
This car has been around Tulsa forever. I go back with it almost 40 years, I have owned it for 10 or so of those. 59AB runs good, reliable, new wiring, brakes, fuel, 10 years ago. 12V with alternator and everything works except for the clock and the dome lights. Rusty floors, some visible rust lower B pillars and doors. Re-chromed bumpers, no headliner. Good Flathead Ford car for under 10K, $9750, clean OK title in my name.
Use craigslist message for communication. I check my messages nightly. Don't ask if my item is still for sale.
Copy and paste in your email: f3eb91a732b83eddb649c09ed8eb0c15@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1939 Mercury sedan - Project.

'39 Mercury OK a.jpg

'39 Mercury OK b.jpg

'39 Mercury OK c.jpg

'39 Mercury OK d.jpg

'39 Mercury OK e.jpg

'39 Mercury OK f.jpg

'39 Mercury OK g.jpg

'39 Mercury OK h.jpg

'39 Mercury OK i.jpg

'39 Mercury OK j.jpg

'39 Mercury OK k.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,500: 2-10-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, DrumBob said:

That car can be easily saved and restored, the rust fixed, new headliner, paint. It's not that bad. It's just not worth $9750. 

Anything can be fixed or saved, it depends how much time and money you have.  This is a 4 door bland Mercury, would really make sense to save or restore it?  In my book no!  There are a lot of other old cars out there that have more promise and would take less money and time.

11 minutes ago, deac said:

Anything can be fixed or saved, it depends how much time and money you have.  This is a 4 door bland Mercury, would really make sense to save or restore it?  In my book no!  There are a lot of other old cars out there that have more promise and would take less money and time.

I guess it depends on whether or not you want THAT car or not. Somebody might flip over it for whatever reason, but I see your point. To me, it's a boring old clunker. 

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1939 Mercury sedan - Project - $9,750 - Tulsa, OK - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,500: 2-10-2024.

Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,500: 2-10-2024.

1939 Mercury for sale by owner - Tulsa, OK - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1939 Mercury with a flathead 59AB. Runs good, reliable. New wiring, hubs/bearings, brakes, fuel tank, electric wipers, and heater rebuilt 10 years ago. 12V electrics with alternator and everything works except for the clock, dome lights, and door and trunk locks. (new door lock and other parts included) For $8500 or a real close offer, you also get extra front fenders and a hood along with it.
Copy and paste in your email: 75460855dc9332668756443f50d33c40@sale.craigslist.org

'39 mercury OK a.jpg

He says no dealers, he doesn't need help selling it. Well, apparently he does, since it's been for sale since this summer! 

I repeat; a boring old clunker that's probably worth half what he's asking. Maybe less? And he'll give you the garbage front clip too. 

Seller says it runs good and has new wiring, etc. 

Pick it up for $5K, run it until body parts start falling off, then part it out.

I think the Fords of that era are better-looking cars, though.