Hood latch 1920

Leif Holmberg

Leif H, I did find mine, it is similar, but not the same. I had mentioned in one of your other threads that I needed "to check something". I didn't want you thinking I forgot about it.

My one (I didn't remember if I had one or two of them?) is close in size and basic appearance, however, the "finger wings" on mine are shorter, and the base where it bolts onto the chassis is very different. The photo you have shown, what you are looking for, the spring-latch is on a horizontal pin in the base bolted onto the chassis. The one I have has a head on the bottom of the spring shaft that is assembled through the base allowing the spring latch to swing out.

The button on the top of mine is also a bit smaller than what is in your posted photo.

My one could probably be altered and made close to what you are looking for. However, being brass, just adding length to the finger wings would be quite a task. 

I also have a few (I think a set of four?) similar style latches, also brass. However, their size is considerably larger, and their condition is worse. They could also possibly be altered, however frankly, making one from scratch would likely be easier.

Leif,

I have one latch that appears to be a direct match and two others that are somewhat smaller. I was trying to deal with Michael Stevens per your recommendations but the guy in Sweden has not responded as to whether he wants it or not.

Thanks.

I have sent this message from you to Claes here in Sweden.I really hope he will contact Michael today.

Leif in Sweden.

Wayne, when I contacted Claes today he told me they are waiting for a price from you?Maybe some misstake happends on the e-mail from Michael?

Leif in Sweden

Edited by Leif Holmberg (see edit history)
  • Like 1