1947 Frazer Manhattan - $25,000

Seems a very nice example...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/novato-1947-frazer-manhattan/7633279233.html

Nicely restored 1947 Frazer Manhattan. Painted in original color with Imron. 110 hp inline 6 cylinder Continental motor. Three speed manual with overdrive. 4-door. Beautiful cloth interior. Converted to 12 volt (only modification over original). Runs very well and purrs like a kitten. Solid body and frame. Driven to shows and displays only. Can be seen this Sunday (June 18th) at the Father's Day Car Show at Christ Church North Bay, at 6965 Redwood Blvd. Novato, CA, or contact me for appointment.  email:  b038c9dffef533979decb6238ecee30e@sale.craigslist.org

00F0F_3P3tofcmvke_0ww0ne_600x450.jpg00x0x_gcktQmE0uem_0ww0ne_600x450.jpg00101_fDBEqhLihVN_0ww0ne_600x450.jpg1947 Frazer Manhattan 100s0s_bLl4Gddl9Sw_0ww0ne_600x450.jpg00M0M_h2CWYdnQck3_0ww0ne_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The 55er said:
6 hours ago, DrumBob said:

Yes that price seems out of line as there would be a somewhat limited market for Frazer sedans. Other marques of that time period would be more popular to own and easier to sell if reasonably priced. 

I knew Frazers simply don't have the desirability of cars by the Big Three, so when I see a similar Chevy or other marque going for much less, it made me wonder if the seller of this Frazer is "optimistic." 

As I've said before, either he is delusional, or on drugs. 

Edited by DrumBob (see edit history)

Correct, way over priced.  You have to be a period collector with a nice 401k to want one of these.  Correct pricing is no more than $12,000, and even then I am not paying $12,000.  At some point, low overall interest cars that still should be collected and enjoyed surely have a realistic price point. 

I would pay $5,000 for it.  That way I can enjoy it, maybe in rotation with a more desirable car, and my daughter can sell it for $4,000 or less when I die.  But $25,000?   No way. Jim Lape may disagree but KFOCI folks are dying off almost daily, the club is down to just a few souls.  They won't merge with other orphans, so they themselves will become orphans.  

Yes, I'd gladly pay $5000 for that car in that condition. I have always liked Kaisers and Frazers, because I'm a sucker for almost any car from the late forties and early fifties (with some exceptions), but $25K? The seller is in for a very rude awakening. 

They live in California. He has OBO  ..  I am sure the cost of living is a factor in the price..

My example in 2019 i  was told my 2008 Honda was worth 3600.00 retail price.. Today I can get 10600.00 for it retail.

It has 94K miles on it.

Here is some prices.

1947.jpg

1947b.jpg

To be sure, I would love to own perhaps an SO 1947-1948 Frazer Manhattan.  I have zero interest in a Kaiser from this era.  Rudy Phillips once offered me a 1948 Frazer Manhattan with a factory leather interior for $1,000.  Or, for historical artifact-ness, get a very early Frazer Manhattan built by Graham-Paige.  

Frazers had plusher interiors and details vs the Kaisers, but really aren't much different.   For $25,000 a person can get a well sorted Dragon, could buy your Polar Grey Virginian, or a nice 52 Manhattan, or a Traveler.  Lots of better choices. 

I need to list them again:

Polar Grey Virginian and the Dragon.

The only thing about the 47 car is  the blue seats. not sure if  I like them..

I am still trying to get caught up on a few  projects. I just got back from Pora Pora and a trip to MN..

A nice car but unfortunately, the seller's ask is just too steep. I see a car that still needs detail work under the hood - to include replacing incorrect components - as well as in the interior.

If it runs well and there's nothing hiding under that fresh paint, it's probably worth a bit less than half the asking price.