Can take more photos of frame

CountryGirl36

Well Country Girl, looks like that might be the end of your adventure, and the start of some else's.

Regardless, this was a one of a kind exciting trip you took us all on, so thank you for that.  

If I was 15,000 km (9320 miles) closer, I would be very interested. 

All the best, and if you find another car, please let us know. 

Thanks. Rod.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi CG36, I believe "AHa" mentioned they would be interested in having a go at working on your old relic. Send them a Private Message to see if there is still interest. You sure had a 'NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC' style of a time digging through all the mud and roots and letting all of us follow along. Thanks for that, and Best Wishes, Tom

AHa wants it.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It would be a real shame if someone didn't pick up this frame and parts. The frame has the front axle, rear axle with drive shaft attached, and steering box and column with arms. It is a very rare, six cylinder car, of about 1922-23 vintage. New springs are easily made and the frame could be straightened easy enough. What is there could be restored and displayed as a Westcott chassis. I don't know how difficult it would be to find a Continental 7R motor to drop in it or hubs to build wheels around. I would think the Westcott family would be interested if no one else. I would say it has very little monetary value but the historical value is too great to see it sink back into the mud.

With enough money, anything can be accomplished. Someone made this car to start with, we'd be in sad shape indeed if we could not remake it 100 years later. It is simple construction after all, not nearly as complicated as some restorations. With that being said, I envisioned some type of speedster if a motor and trans could be located. You see, Westcott was an assembled car, meaning that a lot of other car companies used the same parts and a lot more parts were made than cars. There are still warehouses full of parts in  private hands. A lot of companies used Continental motors and early twenties cars are not that popular yet so motors are still lying around.

Edited by AHa (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

One of the best threads I've seen in a while!  Mad props to @CountryGirl36 for the excavation job and those that helped figure this puzzle out.   Fortunately I don't live close or I'd own it.  :)
Very curious to see what happens next.   Very much reminds me of @Landman's extraordinary restoration of the '34 Chevy Master that he dug out of the ground of his grandfather's farm.  

• Like 2

On 9/14/2023 at 10:13 AM, CountryGirl36 said:

@AHa should I reach out to the Westcott family? If so how would I find the right info so I could reach out?

That Countrygirl figuratively pulled a big old bus out there on her property and a bunch of us got on for the trip about that unidentified chassis. What a swell ride it was. After all that,hopefully,it will go,or has gone,somewhere where it will be saved and appreciated. Thanks Countrygirl for not just hauling it off to the scrapyard. You may be elevated,we may have to call you Country Lady here on out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1