Marmon Big 8

riffking7

Super 8 Marmon? I’m familiar with a Big 8 and a Model 880. I’m no Marmon expert, I have never heard of nomenclature Marmon super eight.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

• riffking7 changed the title to Marmon Big 8

A bit more about just what you are looking for would help. 

Most of the "Marmon" automobiles for sale recently have been the Marmon Roosevelt or the pre Roosevelt small eight cylinder car. Cars have ranged from a 1929 sedan needing major restoration, but not terrible, for $5000 on up to an overpriced coupe fully (but not quite properly?) restored in the $30,000 neighborhood.

My two tries at searches got differing results in spite of wording my query the same both times.

This was the most results;

https://forums.aaca.org/search/?q=Marmon for sale&quick=1

The 1927 speedster was speculated to also be a small eight, and no price was given.

If I recall correctly, there was a big eight Marmon about 1930 included in an upcoming auction listing recently discussed around here. However, since I do not actually follow the auctions myself, I don't recall which of several it may have been.

Big 8 Marmon’s are interesting cars. I have been chasing a Big 8 convertible coupe for over 40 years……….barn type condition. Owned by a local farmer in Massachuetts it has since disappeared off my and every one else’s radar. More of a childhood dream than a necessity. I’m guessing it’s long gone and restored by now. I thought I located it on the west coast 15 years ago, but it was a different car.

• Like 1

The one Marmon Big 8 that I can recall was owned by my late friend Russel Stadt decades ago. two tone blue four door sedan. Amazing car.  He also had a Little 8  as well and was a incredible collector of Marmon literature.