1938 Buick special 40 series - $43K

Seems like it might be a nice car under all those do-dads...no much real info or good pics

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/modesto-1938-buick-special-40-series/7623857509.html

A very clean 1938 buick special , straight 8 engine 3 on the floor , interior is cherry , paint is clean, runs smooth and quiet, air bagged front / back / side to side/. All lights work including the spot lights, peckett visor, also has a federal siren and very loud horn, Serious buyers only, NO TRADES , $ 43.000, NOT NEGOTIABLE. this is a rare find . Please text if you are serious. (209) 606-7401

1938 buick special 40 series 100S0S_aSZup4uv9Rh_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00V0V_epENlfSaiox_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00404_gjFjWaGdWK6_0t20CI_600x450.jpg01515_78I96ZEDoT4_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

in the description it says:   air bagged front / back / side to side/. All lights work including the spot lights, peckett visor, also has a federal siren. On top of that it's a special for $43,000;  Umm no thanks!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2

This is a LOW-RIDER:

The lowrider car serves no practical purpose beyond that of a standard car. Lowrider car culture began in Los Angeles, California, in the mid-to-late 1940s and during the post-war prosperity of the 1950s. Initially, some Mexican-American youths lowered blocks, cut spring coils, z'ed the frames[clarification needed] and dropped spindles. The aim of the lowriders is to cruise as slowly as possible, "Low and Slow" being their motto. By redesigning these cars in ways that go against their intended purposes and in painting their cars so that they reflect and hold meanings from Mexican-American culture, lowriders create cultural and political statements that go against the more prevalent Anglo culture.

They are often fitted with hydraulic systems that allow height adjustable suspension, allowing the car to be lowered or raised by switch.[7] This was developed after lowriding was made illegal in California and was targeted for tickets by police.[7] Lowriding bans have been acknowledged as discriminatory toward Chicano culture and Latinos. State legislation urged their removal in 2022 and some local city councils have done so.       --- Wikipedia

• Like 1

I understand the style that the owner was shooting for having seen many low riders while living in Southern California. IMO I would have stopped half way in this restoration, sometimes more is not better. Some of the low riders that I have seen have excellent workmanship in their cars. 

• Like 2