Model T Speedster

Very nice design! It looks like a lot of the panels would need replacement, and I'd be skeptical of any racing history.....but very fun to see! Thanks for posting! 

• Like 1

It has some good potential. How much depends upon just how the body was built? The look is okay, along the lines of some great boat-tail speedsters! If the body can be reworked, made solid, and looking sharp it would be fine! If it turns out to be plywood going to pieces? Better to start over. The model A hood has to go!

I too like the front end drop! The car has some good looks there, but under the hood says "all show and no go!" Don't get me wrong. I really like stock engine speedsters! In fact five of the six speedsters I have had were basically stock engines! And three of those cars were great road cars with era overdrives that could do between 60 mph to 70 mph all day long! However, real racing cars they were not. And if one wants to claim racing history? One should be able to do more than a basically stock T engine will do.

In the "for whatever it is worth" department? The other of the six had an original era heavily modified T block with the biggest valves and oversize ports that could be stuffed into a T block! With a big carburetor and an era overdrive it would do somewhat over 80 mph! I never did get it up to its top speed. A bit over 80 on a 55 highway was fast enough for me. I occasionally passed over-head valve Ts going up steep winding roads! It was also the only car I ever "spun a donut" with, just to see if it could do it! Of the five speedsters I had and sold? It is the one I most often find myself wishing I could get it back, just how it was when I had to sell it.

• Like 1

Interesting how there are mounts for a top, This car might have actually looked good with a top and windshield.  The rear drop would be worth looking into as the crossmember sits forward of the axle.  I have seen some that are very sketchy at best.