For Sale: 1941 Buick Special Convertible Series 40-A Model No. 44C - $47,000 - Ellsworth, ME - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $40,000: 9-16-2023:

For Sale: 1941 Buick Special Convertible Series 40-A Model No. 44C - $47,000 - Ellsworth, ME - Still Available, Price Reduced to $40,000: 9-16-2023: See New Link Below:

1941 Buick 44C - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1941 Buick Model 44C dark blue beautiful car. odometer: 31000

Copy and paste in your email: 96368aa4b87f3327a91bc17ce4c03768@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1941 Buick Special Convertible.

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942, Edited by Kimes and Clark states 4,282 1941 Buick Special Convertible Series 40-A Model No. 44C built. "On February 3, 1941, for new Special Series 40A models were introduced with a 118" wheelbase."  These are GM A-Bodies shared with Chevrolet, Pontiac Deluxe Torpedo and Oldsmobile Special Series 60.

'41 Buick 44C ME a.jpg

'41 Buick 44C ME b.jpg

'41 Buick 44C ME c.jpg

'41 Buick 44C ME d.jpg

'41 Buick 44C ME e.jpg

'41 Buick 44C ME f.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $40,000: 9-16-2023: (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I would request more pics of this car if I was searching for a GM convertible of this era. In the pics provided the engine compartment looks good and the body looks good, but there is a rip in the seat and the hub caps look a little scruffy (little things). At 47K for a Special, I would expect everything to be sorted out. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, f.f.jones said:

Were dual carbs standard or optional on this series, or added from a senior series at some point?

Noted in the 1941 Buick Special section of the sales catalog for all models except the Special 40A and Limited that I have:  

"The standard power plant is the 115-horsepower Buick Fireball straight eight - an engine stepped up in power by nearly 8% over last year without increase in engine size or fuel consumption.  Designed to take advantage of fine modern gasolines, it operates with new economy on any standard-priced motor fuel of 70 to 75 octane rating.

At slight extra cost, both greater power and greater economy can be secured by the addition of Compound Carburetion. With this fuel supply system, developed power is increased to 125 horsepower while gasoline mileage goes up as much as two miles per gallon."

picky yes.... The letter 'C' on the brake light lens is missing and that's an easy fix too! This car seems to me to be fairly priced; what do you think?

1 hour ago, deac said:

picky yes.... The letter 'C' on the brake light lens is missing and that's an easy fix too! This car seems to me to be fairly priced; what do you think?

Not to be too "picky," but that's not a brake light lens on the '41.  It's merely decorative, no lights.  But you are correct that the missing "C" is an easy fix.  Reproduction letters are readily available.

This looks like a nice car -- possibly priced on the high side for a Special.

8 hours ago, neil morse said:

Not to be too "picky," but that's not a brake light lens on the '41.  It's merely decorative, no lights.

okay, you got me LOL. That's what I get for no proofreading my post.  On my '40 Super they're turn signal lights.

• Haha 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1941 Buick Special Convertible Series 40-A Model No. 44C - $47,000 - Ellsworth, ME - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $40,000: 9-16-2023: