Mystery Delco Part

34pack

The arrow in this photo of the firewall of a 1920 vehicle points to a mysterious electrical component.  Does anyone recognize this part as to manufacturer and function. It may be a Delco part as the distributor used was a Delco unit. In addition to finding out what it is I need one and will pay a premium price for a good example.

Duesenberg electric.jpg

You should be able to sort out the function with an ohmmeter. Check the ohmic relationship between the terminals at 4, 8, and 9 o'clock. Determine if the cowl mounted terminal wired to the 4 o'clock terminal is a ground or insulated and if it continues to a switch. Then trace out your harness leads and their termination points.

Draw the whole electrical diagram out the the function should show. Probably a 20 minute job.

Are you in the western New York area?

I saw that bevel gear and thought it might drive a supercharger.

16 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

You should be able to sort out the function with an ohmmeter. Check the ohmic relationship between the terminals at 4, 8, and 9 o'clock. Determine if the cowl mounted terminal wired to the 4 o'clock terminal is a ground or insulated and if it continues to a switch. Then trace out your harness leads and their termination points.

Draw the whole electrical diagram out the the function should show. Probably a 20 minute job.

I hate to sound snarky, but that's tough to do from a photo. Greg is looking to find the part... after it's been identified.

• Haha 2