For Sale: 1966 Lincoln Continental 2dr Coupe, 72K miles - $17,500 - Albuquerque, NM - Not Mine

For Sale: 1966 Lincoln Continental 2dr Coupe, 72K miles - $17,500 - Albuquerque, NM

1966 Lincoln Continental 2-Door Coupe - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

1966 Lincoln Continental 2-Door Coupe
History:
In production for over 55 years across nine different decades, Lincoln has produced ten generations of Continental. Within the Lincoln model line, the Continental has served several roles ranging from its flagship to its base-trim sedan. From 1961 to 1976, Lincoln sold the Continental as its exclusive model line.

The Coupe was the Continental’s first two-door hardtop since 1960. Although similar in appearance to its sedan counterpart, the Coupe featured true, partial B-pillar hardtop construction and a unique roof stamping. Major design elements of the 1966 Lincoln Continental’s all new front end were the die-cast grille with nine thin horizontal bars; flush mounted headlamps; the grill opening panel’s bold power dome with individual block letter identification; angled back fender blades and a center relived bumper which incorporated the parking lamps and whose ends created a sled runner effect by extending along the lower fender edges to the wheel cuts. The 1966 Lincoln Continental’s rear end appearance was decidedly different than that of its predecessors. Its central element was the bumper, whose ends had been redesigned to wrap around while the carryover center section now integrated wide horizontal taillamps. A subtle change was made to the top surface finish of the body side blade moldings this year – it was now brushed rather than bright.
Engine Specs:
8 cylinder, 462 cubic inch displacement
340 hp 4bbl
Curb Weight: 4985 lbs.
Wheel Base: 126 in.
1966 production run totaled 15,766. Very few remain in existence today and are considered highly collectible.
Provenance:
This vehicle was owned by New World Pictures, Hollywood, CA (circa 1970-1987) and was featured in several movies by independent film director Roger Corman. The original inventory tag is still secured on the interior dash – see photo. Later this vehicle was sold to a private party until it came into my collection in the early 2000’s. It is now ready to be brought to the next level of classic car enjoyment.
Current:
Always garaged/covered. 72,227 original miles. Original throughout, including interior, leather seats, steering wheel, dash, headliner, hub caps and trim. Original manual in glove box. Body is straight, no wrecks or body damage. Photos of undercarriage reflect total lack of rust; this is a West Coast vehicle with no weather/rust issues.
New brakes and wheel cylinders. New carburetor and fuel tank. Clean Title. Started and driven six months ago; may need a new starter. Needs exhaust and new tires.
Asking $17,500 or reasonable offer.
Contact: Text/call with questions at (505) Two-Six-3-Four-7-Five-7. Thank you for your interest.
Copy and paste in your email: 9c04baf02a1b3be1a6f82d17b5100aa0@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Lincoln Continental 2dr Coupe.

'66 Lincoln Continental 2dr NM a.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental 2dr NM b.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental 2dr NM c.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental 2dr NM d.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental 2dr NM e.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental 2dr NM f.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental 2dr NM g.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental 2dr NM h.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental 2dr NM i.jpg

• Like 2

Most of us like “triple black” or in this case “all black” cars.  The price is within reason. Similar Cadillac CdVs and Imperial’s are going to be $10,000 to $18,500 or so.  

The 66 Cadillac is my favorite Cadillac year.  This would be just fine.  If I could get one of each (Cadillac/ Lincoln / Imperial) for $45,000 all in for 3 drivers, I would be happy. 

On 3/31/2023 at 3:43 PM, avgwarhawk said:

The driver seat appears to have supported many a rear end. 

On 3/31/2023 at 4:50 PM, GARY F said:

Heavy ones at that.

Could it be that the foam in the seat construction has

broken down in that Southwestern heat?  I bought a car

from west Texas, and the upholstery material was fine,

but the underlying foam was hard and powdery.

Deserts are good at preventing rust and preserving chrome,

but soft parts, such as weather-stripping and dashboards,

may suffer.  That deterioration may not show up in pictures.

I had the seats in my car redone.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1