25 Dodge tourer restoration

Mattml430

5 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

So I guess that means we don't get a picture of you in a monkey suit and showphers hat?

No I didn’t do any of the driving.  
image000002.jpeg.fd9da2cf298a293206d7a8bcfa1ddc93.jpeg

11 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Wish it looked like that here. Only see the sun every few days, cloudy and dreary most of the time. At least the white stuff is gone. So when does the DA project start?

We are having a working Bee on that very soon. 
I need to catch up on some spoke wheels and a few other little jobs. 
Then I’m onto the 27 chev truck. 
IMG_5335.jpeg.c963d99e635304a7349245955248924b.jpeg

4 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

I think I would slit my wrists first rather then restore that Chevy.

I was sharpening the razor blade this morning while looking at it. 
It’s definitely not one that excites me. They are built so light in comparison to the dodge. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ben and I have been trying to fix a bit of an oil leak on the rear main seal. I removed the sump and trimmed back the gasket so there was no overhang in the slinger trough. Not sure of the exact terminology of that. It improved a little but still leaked after that, so now the cars back with Ben he’s trying to make it better. Going to try sticking the gasket to the sump and make sure there’s no overhanging bits and no gap at the crank. The gasket we got was not really a perfect fit so we’ll try make something a bit better. 
Definitely not the easiest rear seal to make no leak. 
IMG_5425.jpeg.0b825c3c32d864ca5b6fc46d95fe4b5f.jpegIMG_5557.jpeg.d0c7066dc52f0526a949b708b84056f8.jpegGoing to try it this way. 

It's not a seal. It's an oil slinger. It's what it is and not much you can do about it except hope you have no blow-by when your rings have settled in. some engines could be fitted with a split seal top and bottom halves to fit into the block [ before crank fitted ] and rear main cap [ before fitting this to the block ]   but not sure if you can get one for this engine.

A friend of mine has a 29 Chev and was quite surprised when he saw the size of the Dodge diff on my car. Even the gearbox is tiny in comparison to the dodge one.

Edited by cutdown (see edit history)
  • Like 1