For Sale: 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk, Packard V8, manual shift w/OD - $25,000 - Monte, MN - Not Mine - Still Available, Unchanged Price $25,000: 11-30-2023:

For Sale: 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk, Packard V8, manual shift w/OD - $25,000 - Monte, MN - Still Available, Unchanged Price $25,000: 11-30-2023: See New Link Below with contact phone number.

1956 studebaker - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk, all original in very good condition with 352 ci Packard V8 engine (fastest production car in 1956) 3-speed on the tree, 275 hp.
Copy and paste in your email: 4e75c662638a38f298c93402484b6da7@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 4,071 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk built.

Note: Respondents to this advertisement should inquire if this Golden Hawk also has overdrive.

'56 Studebaker GH MN a.jpg

'56 Studebaker GH MN b.jpg

'56 Studebaker GH MN c.jpg

'56 Studebaker GH MN d.jpg

'56 Studebaker GH MN e.jpg

'56 Studebaker GH MN f.jpg

'56 Studebaker GH MN g.jpg

'56 Studebaker GH MN h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Unchanged Price $25,000: 11-30-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 3

1956 Golden Hawks used the Packard Clipper 352.  Normally aspirated, one carb.  The 1956 Caribbean had a 374 dual quad.  Now I wouldn't be surprised if someone worked a 1955 or 1956 Caribbean dual quad set up onto a Hawk, but not factory.  The blower was used when they went to the smaller Studebaker V8 the next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I may be wrong? But as I recall, the first Golden Hawks did not have the supercharger. Very rare car, manufactured for only a short time.

Years ago, I got to see (a sad sight?) 1956 Golden Hawk number two, complete with the letter from the factory proclaiming it as the second Golden Hawk off the assembly line! Unfortunately, the car had been badly stored in a damp barn for a couple decades, and suffered badly from it. The fellow that had it, wanted ten thousand dollars for it because of being number two. He had it for sale for several years, and I eventually lost track of it.

If it hadn't been for the terrible storage, the car was fairly low mileage, and very original! 

The early Golden Hawks had the big Packard V8 engine! A true MUSCLE car! But they handled poorly, and could get into trouble on curves at high speed because of too much weight too far forward. They were virtually unbeatable in stock car drag racing in the 1950s, even making life tough for stock Corvettes ten years later! As I recall from a Studebaker expert I knew years ago, Studebaker's "fix" for the weight and handling problems was to replace the huge Packard V8 with the smaller Studebaker V8 with the blower/supercharger setup which weighed a lot less, but had "almost" as much total horsepower.

I would love to have any decent Studebaker Hawk series car. However, if I could have what I really wanted? I would want the Packard engine early 1956 version!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, alsancle said:

Does this have the dual quad Caribbean engine?

A.J.:

The Golden Hawks got the single Carter WCFB 4bbl carburetor.   Some got fitted with the Caribbean dual qual set-up aftermarket but not from the factory.  But, given the state of S-P in 1956, searching the archives at the Studebaker National Museum might turn up build sheets for cars that were built that way to order.   With Studebaker, never say "never".

Steve

• Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk, Packard V8, manual shift - $25,000 - Monte, MN - Not Mine - Still Available, Unchanged Price $25,000: 11-30-2023:

Still Available, Unchanged Price $25,000: 11-30-2023:

1956 56 golden hawk for sale by owner - Granite Falls, MN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

All original Studebaker golden hawk in very good condition with ps, pb 352 cc engine standard transmission, fuel pump, water pump, generator hydro vac and battery relatively new. Selling due to health issues. Could use new paint, but up to the buyer. Also has overdrive.
Contact: call (320) 2-2-six-2-3-5-one, ask for Bob, serious inquiries only!
Copy and paste in your email: 7338e8243ea4321689c9f9b622b8cb91@sale.craigslist.org

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk, Packard V8, manual shift w/OD - $25,000 - Monte, MN - Not Mine - Still Available, Unchanged Price $25,000: 11-30-2023: