1941 cadillac Series 62 convertible - $100,000

Looks like a nice car but $100K? Of course it is a "Movie Car", and the paint is original (only repainted once). 

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/tustin-1941-cadillac-series-62/7594638598.html

Beautiful example older lacquer paint very nice original chrome and pot metal (chrome shops can't duplicate this anymore) Main character car in New movie Oppenheimer due out in July 23. Full CLASSIC car recognized by CHVA very nice proper leather and wood toned das board. New cloth top and new proper wide white wall tires, Great looking style not 'chopped off in the rear like many convertibles in the late thirties and early forties Would cost 100K to restore it today to this quality and risk finding talent nthat knows these cars.Correct original flat head V-8 with 150 H.P. which was alot in 41!! Please don't call me if you don't have the green backs!! 714-544-6123 very unusual green/gold color and only repainted ONE time!!in eighty two years

100e0e_eV4R3lNZYtD_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00g0g_6AjMgquPScx_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00q0q_iIw8mfBIFjb_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00o0o_aiXRHtg0Nec_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00G0G_bLuzpCeLuPD_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00x0x_1sscY8n9Fgq_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00a0a_fcs6eeSzofS_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

"original chrome and pot metal (chrome shops can't duplicate this anymore)" I had the pot metal re chromed on my Buick eight years ago and they repaired all of the pitting first and it came out looking new. Not all chrome shops do the same level of work, but I do think good ones are still around.  Beautiful car GLWTS.

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kingrudy said:

"original chrome and pot metal (chrome shops can't duplicate this anymore)" I had the pot metal re chromed on my Buick eight years ago and they repaired all of the pitting first and it came out looking new. Not all chrome shops do the same level of work, but I do think good ones are still around.  Beautiful car GLWTS.

While modern chrome planing may look like new, there's a concern that due to the environmental restrictions it is of inferior quality and doesn't resist the elements as well as the original one did. At least that may be the case with plating made in the EU (where even finding a shop that offers genuine three-layer plating can be a major pain the butt these days to begin with). That statement, of course, should be taken with a little grain of salt.

Possibly just the way the light strikes it but it looks like the trunk lid doesn't quite match. No matter, it is a really beautiful car. 

1 hour ago, Leif in Calif said:

Possibly just the way the light strikes it but it looks like the trunk lid doesn't quite match. No matter, it is a really beautiful car. 

I see what you are saying.  The name of this color is El Centro Green (one of the spring colors named after California towns).  I have one of these originally painted this color.  I liked it at first, but every time I saw one in person the color seemed to look very different than photos I've seen.  Lighting conditions seem to really change this color.  In these photos it looks quite nice, but I've seen it look like it's been mixed with more of a mustard yellow.  Whether I like it or not, the "boss" wants it, Monica Blue.

My concerns are the steering wheel cracks and one of the seatbacks aren't laying quite right.  Thinking a rubber bumper on the seat frame may be missing (been awhile since I've looked at it carefully to know for sure).