master cylinder ID needed

John Kelso

Can anyone help me figure out what this master cylinder is. It came off a vintage car that had hydraulic brakes added about 1995.

It measures 4" from the front the the back of the mounting flange. note the mounting is also vertical and it is a 1" bore, the outlet is at about a 30 degree angle

Thanks

DSC06940.JPG

DSC06941.JPG

26 minutes ago, JAK said:

There is a casting number on the bottom 2F, on the end is stamped a T within a circle and an R. That is all I could find

but it didn't seem to help much.

Thanks

20 years ago I was doing cylinder swaps and the local Carquest showed me a printed CARDONE catalog showing accurate drawings of every master cylinder for brake or clutch, along with specs.

They (Cardone) now have a PDF for identification, but it will take time to look at all of them.

http://pbwdist.com/catalogs/Cardon_MasterCylinders_IDGuide_2013.pdf

.....or if you have a local parts place with older catalogs?

• Thanks 1

99% chance this is for a clutch, and maybe a 1% chance it is for racing (something along the lines of Wilwood). Dual circuit brakes had already been around a while when the plastic tanks became common. My guess is it is Japanese, maybe Mazda. I took a quick look, but couldn't nail down an exact match. It's probably made by one of the common Japanese brands, like Nippondenso.

Mazda Miata, early:

IMG_3065.JPG?v=1571438753

Mazda B2000:

51IKLRCsINL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Mazda B1600 / Ford Courier (not sure what years, probably early). This looks real close:

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1