Which "Kamala" owned my California TC?

Before Vice President Harris became a household name, I owned a yellow '89 TC that originally belonged to someone named Kamala.  

My research has revealed that, besides the vice president, there was a professional wrestler who went by the name Kamala.

This is a long shot, but does anyone know if either the wrestler or the VP ever owned a yellow TC?

Please keep this topic about the car, not politics or wrestling.

IMG_4043.JPG

Kamala.jpg

4 hours ago, Roger Frazee said:

Before Vice President Harris became a household name, I owned a yellow '89 TC that originally belonged to someone named Kamala.  

My research has revealed that, besides the vice president, there was a professional wrestler who went by the name Kamala.

This is a long shot, but does anyone know if either the wrestler or the VP ever owned a yellow TC?

Please keep this topic about the car, not politics or wrestling.

Let me know the 17 digit VIN by sending me a PM, best to take a photo, 569CABD7-2B88-424F-8D5A-DC5DAEA8BE25_1_105_c.jpeg.144e502f97831251b3d01d06e5effc97.jpeg

I will see if we have a record on that VIN.

Edited by Hemi Dude (see edit history)

Roger..... you must keep records  

Just yesterday I was looking for anything I had for a 1968 Corvair I once had... did not find that but did find the original invoice for a 1960 Monza coupe my wife 

order new.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hemi Dude said:

I found KAMALA, he use to own a TC which was acquired by a Kentucky Pastor who sold it to (unnamed individual) who was a member of the TC America Club. Here is a photo of KAMALA

You've got to go back farther.  I am the one who sold the car to the Kentucky Pastor.  

I bought the car on E-bay, from a California resident.  It was delivered to me with the 4KAMALA California tags.  Judging from the condition of the driver's seat, it probably was owned by the wrestler, and not the vice president.

One interesting tidbit, the rear storage compartment contained part of an ancient mobile phone unit.  It probably cost a fortune, back in the day.  

Thanks for the detective work.  You're getting close.

5 hours ago, Roger Frazee said:

You've got to go back farther.  I am the one who sold the car to the Kentucky Pastor.  

I bought the car on E-bay, from a California resident.  It was delivered to me with the 4KAMALA California tags.  Judging from the condition of the driver's seat, it probably was owned by the wrestler, and not the vice president.

One interesting tidbit, the rear storage compartment contained part of an ancient mobile phone unit.  It probably cost a fortune, back in the day.  

Thanks for the detective work.  You're getting close.

Look, I have no records of the multitude of different owners of this particular car. You asked, "This is a long shot, but does anyone know if either the wrestler or the VP ever owned a yellow TC?"

I think there is a good chance "Giggles" did not own this car and since the name plack matches the wrestler's professional name KAMALA, it could have been originally ordered by him, just saying...

This is the end of the search as far as I am concerned, I'm as close as I am going to get.

Oh, by the way, does anyone own a green TC that might have been owned by a famous named person? Just wondering? 

• 3 weeks later...

I was cleaning up old emails and came across this email that was dated July 6, 2022.  Names have been removed to protect the innocent.

We own a 1989 Maserati bought from (name removed), who I believe was a club member. Our Maserati was specially made for Wrestler James "Kamala" Harris and has the plaque inside showing this. We have a blown head gasket, and are wondering if it's possible to get parts to fix it or if we join the club it will be possible to sell the car. My wife loves this car, but I'm not sure if it's worth fixing; what will go wrong next? The body is in good shape, the interior has a tear in the passenger seat and on the console; otherwise in good shape too.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

Tallahassee, FL

Kamala TC.JPG

On 3/8/2023 at 10:27 PM, Garnet & Gold said:

I was cleaning up old emails and came across this email that was dated July 6, 2022.  Names have been removed to protect the innocent.

We own a 1989 Maserati bought from (name removed), who I believe was a club member. Our Maserati was specially made for Wrestler James "Kamala" Harris and has the plaque inside showing this.

Well, now I know where my little TC is now.  It's too bad about the head gasket.  Hopefully the owner was able to get it fixed.  I suspect the car did, indeed, belong to James "Kamala" Harris, although the plaque only says "Kamala."

IMG_4043 (1).JPG