63-65 door seals Is there a clear favorite?

Deanoko

I need to replace these on my 64.  Steele is quite proud of theirs, but I would pay the money if they were clearly superior.  There's also Rubberdonetherightway and Soffseal for half the money.  I've tried soffseal on another car and found them to be very spongy feeling.

Who has good experience and with what brand? Screenshot_20230214-0913582.png.6b0fba9a5fca0d5b03c22b404c757b8a.png

Screenshot_20230214-091821~2.png

5 minutes ago, Deanoko said:

I need to replace these on my 64.  Steele is quite proud of theirs, but I would pay the money if they were clearly superior.  There's also Rubberdonetherightway and Soffseal for half the money.  I've tried soffseal on another car and found them to be very spongy feeling.

Who has good experience and with what brand? Screenshot_20230214-0913582.png.6b0fba9a5fca0d5b03c22b404c757b8a.png

Screenshot_20230214-091821~2.png

When I replaced mine I looked around at the various ones available. I tried a couple from other manufacturers and found them to be lacking in quality or missing the attachment hook a few inches down from the molded end as the originals had. I finally bit the bullet and bought the Steele Rubber version. I am very happy with them and glad I went that route. In general, I have never been disappointed in any Steele Rubber products that I have purchased.

Bill

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the Steele door seals the other day.  They fit perfectly and are high quality.  They even came with the button style fasteners.  Each side takes 4 but Steele only sent 3 per side, but that is a small issue along side the perfect fit. 

Case closed here.  Spend the money and be happy with your choice. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 10:48 AM, Riviera63 said:

I finally bit the bullet and bought the Steele Rubber version. I am very happy with them and glad I went that route.

A testament to Steele Rubber. I too found their products good.

Although they forgot to pack an order in their trailer to inspect and ultimately Cash & Carry at a car meet. So I blindly paid at the trailer without inspecting for them to ship later. They forgot, e-mailed, forgot again. Finally shipped for free with zero $$ value and nulling the usual X-border fees. An honest mix-up but, that missed inspection had me pay for a totally wrong part that was meant for curved side glass, useless.

Bill mentioned in another post about not skimping on Tail-Light seals. Doping-up improvised seals not recommended. Water run-off easily enters the tailight opening. Again, Steele Rubber has quality molded Tail-Light seals and is worth the extra $$.

Yet to install Vent window seal assembly. What's included in their kit, is a small wedge gusset at the top of the vent window channel. The originals gradually crumbled to a nub after repeatedly bumping my head against it during restoration.

I purchased the gussets elsewhere separately. Totally wrong and meant for flat glass edged with a chrome frame.

Yes, case now closed.

Edited by XframeFX (see edit history)