65’ Date coded repro spark plug wires - CARS

moran75

Hi all

re the repro ‘period correct’ date coded spark plug wires offered by CARS….

can anyone post a pic of what they look like? What colour /material/finish…

Apart from date code do they look any different to modern alternatives ?

Also I believe they are ‘correct’ length - is that true?

only ask because i’m not a period correct purist , but like the idea that they may look more interesting than the overly long and plain smooth black versions you get today …. But if they aren’t would rather not pay out quite a bit of money just to find out !😀

Thanks in advance

kev

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

Take a look at the ones made by Lectric Limited. Chances are CARS may be reselling them.  No picture in CARS catalog?

Yea not likely there is another manufacturer for these than Lectric Limited. I've purchased 3 or 4 sets from Lectric over the years and my experience has been they are a high quality wire aside from being very authentic appearing.  Here's a pretty good shot of them

IMG_3654A.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2023 at 7:22 PM, RivNut said:

Take a look at the ones made by Lectric Limited. Chances are CARS may be reselling them.  No picture in CARS catalog?

No pic and I did call them , but as they are ‘special order ‘ nothing to show me…

1 hour ago, moran75 said:

No pic and I did call them , but as they are ‘special order ‘ nothing to show me…

If they’re special order, I’m betting they come from Lectric Limited.  Call Lectric Limited and ask them if they’re the supplier for CARS.

On 2/1/2023 at 12:34 AM, JZRIV said:

Yea not likely there is another manufacturer for these than Lectric Limited. I've purchased 3 or 4 sets from Lectric over the years and my experience has been they are a high quality wire aside from being very authentic appearing.  Here's a pretty good shot of them

IMG_3654A.jpg

Great pic…looks so much better because they are the right length as well

many thanks 

kev

• 5 months later...