For Sale: 1965 Mercury Parklane Convertible, Sports Package - $16,500 - Phoenix, AZ - Not Mine

For Sale: 1965 Mercury Parklane Convertible, Sports Package - $16,500 - Phoenix, AZ

1965 Mercury Parklane - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1965 Mercury Parklane. Convertible top in great condition. New tires 2 years ago. 0 miles on them. I believe the motor is a 428. Needs a carb rebuild and power steering pump needs a seal. Other than that its pretty much in excellent condition. Not original paint but interior I believe is. Always garaged. Belonged to my grandmother who passed it down to me 20 years ago. odometer: 98200

Copy and paste in your email: 883f9a34715337ab8f0161ac97545d0c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1965 Mercury Parklane Convertible.

"Sports Package" was the $423 bucket seats and console option package for Park Lane two door hardtop and convertible.

'65 Mercury Parklane conv AZ a.jpg

'65 Mercury Parklane conv AZ b.jpg

'65 Mercury Parklane conv AZ c.jpg

'65 Mercury Parklane conv AZ d.jpg

'65 Mercury Parklane conv AZ e.jpg

'65 Mercury Parklane conv AZ f.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kingrudy said:

States, that he "believes" the car has a 428. Wouldn't some one know this if they owned the car for 20 years?

1965s came only with a 390. The 428 was introduced in 1966 and the size/hype makes it desirable. (example: 428 Cobra Jet Mustangs) 

No engine pictures, no information about an engine swap . . . . . . just assume it has a 390 and the "I think" is an attempt at underhanded salesmanship.  

Interestingly it DOES have the reclining passenger side seat.

Seen mostly in Thunderbirds, A side handle and cable release allows it to lay back. The split in the backrest allows it to slide up and acts as a headrest. 

Edited by m-mman (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Notice it has had a Lincoln Continental hood ornament attached to the hood. 

Well, that's because it IS in the Lincoln Continental tradition. . . . . 

s-l500.jpg

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, kingrudy said:

States, that he "believes" the car has a 428. Wouldn't some one know this if they owned the car for 20 years? 

I think he inherited it but never wanted it. Maybe, big maybe, drove it occasionally but other than that it sat in the garage.  Now, his parent that a child of the grandma has passed and now he can sell it, or has the blessing from mom or dad to do so.   

My grandmother gave me a 1973 Olds Omega 2 door with a 6 banger!   

I love the car because of that white bucket seat console interior.  But I suspect it will need at least a tune up.  

• Like 1