P2 Door card restoration

vette-kid

Can you post picture of the clips. The Dodge used a slotted plate and a wire clip on the panels. If the same as the Dodge, the lower weatherstrip went between the door and the door panel and was held by the door panel fasteners. There is no good repro lower door seal that I know of that is really close to the original. There is a strip that is supposed to fit but it's not really close.  On the originals, the rubber was vulcanized over a metal strip for rigidity. RS's no. 4709 shows the original shape but again , it's a little too small. I've been looking at different shapes myself, but so far have not come up with anything. As far as I know the door panels and those spring  clips are not available. I don't know if those clips would be easy to change. A door panel can easily be made using the water resistant doorboard, just a matter of correct plotting of the mounting holes and installing the clips. If it uses the slotted retainers, they can be a bit of a pain to install as they have to be in the right location. They do give a little wiggle room to the actual clip. I made all mine with good success. Just curious, where are you located. PM me.

there are two RESTORATION SPECTALTIES       one in Winber PA and one in California        the on in PA supplied the clips for my restoration    as for as the board as I remember had a problem getting a size big enough to duplicate the old piece    would check local uppolstry shops or supply houses

Edited by broker-len (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, broker-len said:

there are two RESTORATION SPECTALTIES       one in Winber PA and one in California        the on in PA supplied the clips for my restoration    as for as the board as I remember had a problem getting a size big enough to duplicate the old piece    would check local uppolstry shops or supply houses

I never realized there were two, so they both have websites?

• 1 month later...