1940 Cadillac lasalle model 52 coupe - $23,000 (Lodi Ca)

deac

Selling my 1 of 3000 model 52 coupe. Restored in the early 80’s to a high standard paint still very presentable with few flaws. Zero rust or dents. Interior excellent shape as well as all chrome stainless and glass. Motor and trans were removed by previous owner who passed but do come with the car. Had new head gaskets on rear seat so not sure if that’s what it needed or a valve job? The car is in very good condition. Not really looking for trades. Lowball offers will be ignored.

This vehicle is not mine and I have no stake in the sale

00000_5ZlUIqnVAGZz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00k0k_j1dBIBbPZI7z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

01010_hXaSbkQbBjEz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00707_iAGhzYvjTJmz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00J0J_7u6oyO7hzKTz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00505_aPzB6dbGPL0z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Restored to a high standard but then I look at that interior and the original stained headliner,  Color and even fabric choices,  Which don't look right to me,  and I say well,  they probably painted the engine,  when they restored it and nothing else,  then found out the engine is tired.   Now out it comes.  I agree probably 10K overpriced with that interior and the unknown,  most likely needs more than you think mechanics. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 11:54 AM, Leif in Calif said:

Pretty sure this has been for sale for a while and was posted before...

I did a cursory check before I posted this and didn't find it. I just did a search and didn't find a thread.

This would be a good buy below 15 grand. however that assumes the drivetrain is in good working order. The engine is out of the car for a reason. I am skeptical about the engine. IMHO these LaSalle's are boring looking compared to a Buick... Best Buys Buick!

Edited by deac (see edit history)

On 1/1/2023 at 3:08 PM, deac said:

I did a cursory check before I posted this and didn't find it. I just did a search and didn't find a thread.

This would be a good buy below 15 grand. however that assumes the drivetrain is in good working order. The engine is out of the car for a reason. I am skeptical about the engine. IMHO these LaSalle's are boring looking compared to a Buick... Best Buts Buick!

You know, I think I had it confused with a similar (but better looking) Buick.