For Sale: 1966 Ford Thunderbird Landau - Project - $8,987 - Fenton, MI - Not Mine

For Sale: 1966 Ford Thunderbird Landau - Project - $8,987 - Fenton, MI

1966 Thunderbird - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1966 T-Bird for sale. Stored in garage and hasn't been driven since 2009 except when I drove it to my house, about 15 miles. Wouldn't start after that, I assume carburator issues. So I had it towed to a storage unit last fall. Exterior and interior very nice condition! The power windows worked when I drove it home but quit working about the time I got home.

I honestly don't know much about it. I'm selling it for my father who went in an Assisted Living.
Copy and paste in your email: fd244865faeb3465b331e564500660b4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Ford Thunderbird Landau - Project.

'66 Thunderbird MI a.jpg

'66 Thunderbird MI b.jpg

'66 Thunderbird MI d.jpg

'66 Thunderbird MI c.jpg

'66 Thunderbird MI e.jpg

'66 Thunderbird MI f.jpg

'66 Thunderbird MI g.jpg

'66 Thunderbird MI h.jpg

'66 Thunderbird MI i.jpg

'66 Thunderbird MI j.jpg

10 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

I'm selling it for my father who went in an Assisted Living.

I'm not going to be presumptuous about this situation, but I will warn people about a problem I ran into (with the seller of a Thunderbird under similar circumstances, in fact.) - Sometimes adult kids of aging or infirm parents (or grandparents) think that they can sell their parent's property without consent before they pass away because they're going to inherit it anyway. However, their parents - and the law - may think otherwise. Not saying that's what's happening here, just be cautious and make sure the paperwork is in order and you talk to the actual owner of the car before handing over the money. Boy, what a headache I encountered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

I'm not going to be presumptuous about this situation, but I will warn people about a problem I ran into (with the seller of a Thunderbird under similar circumstances, in fact.) - Sometimes adult kids of aging or infirm parents (or grandparents) think that they can sell their parent's property without consent before they pass away because they're going to inherit it anyway. However, their parents - and the law - may think otherwise. Not saying that's what's happening here, just be cautious and make sure the paperwork is in order and you talk to the actual owner of the car before handing over the money. Boy, what a headache I encountered.

Be prudent ! About 5 years i bought a car from a longtime friend ( 1950 Mercury 2-door )Paid in cash as the old man likes cash .Went to pick up the car .all OK .The neighbors took pictures from me and my son .I didn't know that .After 3 weeks the police came to my house and said that i stole a car ...They asked me to show it and i did .Then they said it could not be sold as the father was under the custody of the daughter.The daughter made a big problem as the father put the money some place and forgot where it was.I said OK i give the car back and you give me the money and all is ok .She said no as she did not found the money and her father didn't know anymore everything .After 3 years and being in court i lost everything : Money -car ( had to take it back on my expenses ) lawyer costs - costs in court etc ...)6 months ago i heard she found the money but will not give it back as she says i stored the car in a no good place and it showed a little rust when i took it back .She always dreamed it was a pristine car and didn't realise that it does not get better from sitting .Since then i always pay with banc !Proof of payment !Must also say that the daughter took all the car papers with her without telling her father and he said i will find them and give them to you .I trusted him as i knew him for so many years ...

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, daniel boeve said:

Be prudent ! About 5 years i bought a car from a longtime friend ( 1950 Mercury 2-door )Paid in cash as the old man likes cash .Went to pick up the car .all OK .The neighbors took pictures from me and my son .I didn't know that .After 3 weeks the police came to my house and said that i stole a car ...They asked me to show it and i did .Then they said it could not be sold as the father was under the custody of the daughter.The daughter made a big problem as the father put the money some place and forgot where it was.I said OK i give the car back and you give me the money and all is ok .She said no as she did not found the money and her father didn't know anymore everything .After 3 years and being in court i lost everything : Money -car ( had to take it back on my expenses ) lawyer costs - costs in court etc ...)6 months ago i heard she found the money but will not give it back as she says i stored the car in a no good place and it showed a little rust when i took it back .She always dreamed it was a pristine car and didn't realise that it does not get better from sitting .Since then i always pay with banc !Proof of payment !Must also say that the daughter took all the car papers with her without telling her father and he said i will find them and give them to you .I trusted him as i knew him for so many years ...

Was the car sold with a title? I have heard that some states do not require a title on an older car. 

2 hours ago, kingrudy said:

Was the car sold with a title? I have heard that some states do not require a title on an older car. 

Well , I am in Belgium and the car title or paper like that was in the possession of the daughter and the old man didn't know that .Because i knew him more than 30 years i believed him that he would look for the title and give to me asap as he found it .Expensive lesson !!

• Like 1