UP-Date: choke neck for Stromberg OD-1 Dodge Brothers carburetor Found one! :)

Mark Gregush

Looking for the elbow(s?) that holds the choke and is mounted to main body of a made for Dodge Brothers Stromberg OD-1 carb. The mounting holes would be approximately 1-7/8" center to center apart. I was hoping the part from my OS-1 would fit but mounting holes are too wide. While there are 4 holes showing, the mount only uses 2.

Thanks

parts catalog below show needed part. 

DSCN1568.JPG

DSCN1570.JPG

DSCN1574.JPG

Edited by Mark Gregush
Updated (see edit history)

I also posted this on the Facebook page.

Thank you very much for post this information! The OF used on the Ford Model T is pretty much the same carburetor so the important bits are the parts illustrations. Yes I have one which except for the fuel inlet needle seat and one passage plug where it fits to the block it has been pulled apart and passages more or less cleaned. Need to make a new throttle butterfly shaft and find at least the choke part, the rest I can make up.

So, the part that mounts to the body would be P-8712 shown in above parts list is what I would like to find. 

Thanks

Edited by Mark Gregush (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

It looks close but the choke lever would pull from the wrong side. The mounting holes would need to be approx. 1 7/8 inches = 47.625 millimeters center to center, that one, the whole thing looks larger.  

Not sure what the other bit is inside the opening.

Thank you for taking the time to post the photos. 

The photo below shows the size and routing of the cable I have in my 1920, along with where it exits the firewall and looks to be the original one. In the above parts diagram, the choke and lever would be where the black dot is just above the hole in P3431. With some modifications, the LB-1 might be made to work. 

DSCN0566.JPG

Thank you very much for the information on the LB-1. it will help in my search. While not really correct for my application, I think it might be made to work. I am also considering making an adapter to go between the OD-1 and OS-1 neck I have. 

The Stromberg OD-1 is an aftermarket carburetor built by Stomberg for the Dodge Brothers cars. I have several of the stock carburetors including the one in the photo that is now on the car and running. 

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Finally scored an OD-1 from eBay with the needed neck. Just came today. :) The fresh air vent/shutter I will have to figure out, as well as the elbow and straight tube for air pre-heat. 

• Mark Gregush changed the title to UP-Date: choke neck for Stromberg OD-1 Dodge Brothers carburetor Found one! :)