Detroit Electric Model 93 Duplex Control $53K

Perfect for Driver's Ed.    Contact through website

https://www.prewarcar.com/442502-detroit-electric-model-93-duplex-control

The 1922 Detroit Electric is a rare model 93 with "Duplex Control" steering. The steering and all pedals are duplicated. You can sit as a driver in the first and second row. The two front seats can be turned if desired.

The car needs to be restored. The motor turns under voltage. The electric car is complete except for a few parts. These are not critical and can be easily remanufactured. The body is in excellent condition. The original interior is worn, but can be easily rebuilt.

The Detroit is an ideal basis for a simple and clear restoration. Included are 3000 technical drawings and information about the history.

In recent years, the prices of electric vehicles have risen very sharply. Restored Detroit Electric's cost 125 - 150,000 EUR. Only a handful of cars are traded worldwide each year. The offered vehicle is an affordable entry into the exclusive world of electric cars. I can assist with worldwide shipping.

detroit-electric-model-93-duplex-control-1919-1930.JPG?_ga=2.203664720.1507611989.1671570598-497510146.1671570598detroit-electric-model-93-duplex-control-1919-1930.JPGdetroit-electric-model-93-duplex-control-1919-1930.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milburn Drysdale said:

Where there many manufactures making EVs in the 30s? 

I had read about Detroit Electric revamping older production models to make the bodies more contemporary looking in the 1930s.  The unique tall passenger cab style was out by the 1930s.  Electric autos found favor with female drivers who did not want to deal with oil and gasoline and, in the early days of automobiles, crank starting.

link-https://vintageelectriccars.com/car-1919-1931-detroit.aspx

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)

I recently sold my 1913 Waverly colonial coupe. This was a barn fresh and very nice original condition. New batteries and cables. I upped the voltage to 72 volts.

My biggest disappointment was lack of power on the slightest grade.  On the flat it would cruise at 25 mph, with minimal draw on the amps. Come to a slight grade the amp draw increased dramatically and you would be lucky to get 5-6 miles per hour up hill. As it was direct drive with single speed forward.

These early electrics are a very limited use vehicle. I loved the look and quaintness of the Waverly, but decided not to invest that kind of money in a very very limited use vehicle. Keep that in mind if you are interested in an early electric. Talk to Greg Lang in Michigan he is the electric car guru.

brasscarguy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2022 at 11:30 PM, brasscarguy said:

I recently sold my 1913 Waverly colonial coupe. This was a barn fresh and very nice original condition. New batteries and cables. I upped the voltage to 72 volts.

My biggest disappointment was lack of power on the slightest grade.  On the flat it would cruise at 25 mph, with minimal draw on the amps. Come to a slight grade the amp draw increased dramatically and you would be lucky to get 5-6 miles per hour up hill. As it was direct drive with single speed forward.

These early electrics are a very limited use vehicle. I loved the look and quaintness of the Waverly, but decided not to invest that kind of money in a very very limited use vehicle. Keep that in mind if you are interested in an early electric. Talk to Greg Lang in Michigan he is the electric car guru.

brasscarguy

I was talking to a buddy, not too long ago about how I wanted an electric car. Preferably one of the later ones. He has had a couple, and he told me I would be very disappointed once I drove one.

• Like 2