1937 Cadillac - Classic Model 75 Convertible - $59,450

On BaT early this month where it was bid to $36,333 but didn't sell. More pics in both ads...

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/7562008967.html

Rebuilt V-8 motor less than 2,000 miles; Smooth Shifting, 3 Speed Transmission;
New Wiring Harness; Division Roll-up Window at back of Front Seat;
Glossy Black Paint, Dark Tan Leather Interior; Steering Wheel Like New; Rust Free Body;
Good Convertible Top, Inside Convertible Visors (hard to find); Nice Wood Accent Trim on back of Division Window and Tops of 4 Doors;
Red Trimmed, 6 Wheels; 4 on the car have Lester Tires; Covered Dual Side Mount Spare Tires;
Full Wheel Hubcaps, Wide Whitewall Tires; New Running Boards;
Deluxe Radio, with Remote Speaker; Have original ignition keys; Much Chrome Redone;
Large Trippe Lights; Historical Vehicle plates, 1937 California Plates also; Title and Current Registration; 91,880 miles, 20 plus years in storage;
This Model 75 Fleetwood chassis #3132997, Body #117, first sold in New York January 6, 1937. Look like Royalty Cruising Down New York Streets with the Top Up or Down!

email:feb0c815dd6230dc8d3b2e6b801c9583@sale.craigslist.org

BaT Listing: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1937-cadillac-75-2/

100z0z_7CgVqFYoda6z_0ak07K_600x450.jpg01515_h4kLJ20Ezp0z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg01616_gokYI7CoxWTz_07K0ak_600x450.jpg00o0o_dEz3N8wgjWcz_07K0ak_600x450.jpg00v0v_aIrrkVNBdy7z_0ak07K_600x450.jpg00i0i_6KNUYPYy9MEz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

These are terrific tour cars - I had one, body number 28, some years ago. The interior in this one is nice, although the clock on back of the front seat is missing. The top isn’t the greatest and there are lots of details that would be expensive to remedy. The undercarriage looks a bit suspicious to me, as if some of it has been undercoated. The hood fitment is funky. The dash paint is not so hot. Honestly, I don’t think the price is crazy out of line considering condition, a #3, from what I see. The realistic number, IMO, is $40’s, to perhaps $50K, tops. The two most recent sales of these, one that belonged to a friend, and his was definitely a way better car, sold for $98K. My old one sold maybe three years back, at auction, for around the same money. 

• Like 2

I mean I'd heavily consider parting ways with my 55 for a rare bird like this.  My friend Harry in the CLC back east had a dark green one.  My only issue is it's black.  AZ plus possible chips etc make this sorta meh for me....but shes a beautiful automobile!

2 hours ago, 60s Buick Fan said:

I mean I'd heavily consider parting ways with my 55 for a rare bird like this.  My friend Harry in the CLC back east had a dark green one.  My only issue is it's black.  AZ plus possible chips etc make this sorta meh for me....but shes a beautiful automobile!

Yes, this one is very similar to my '37 Roadmaster convertible sedan which drives like a dream-

but then, so does my 1954 Cadillac convertible --

so, as I smile at the '41 Caddy convertible and the '30 Packard Touring,

both of which evoke miles of smiles-

how do I choose which to drive ????

Eeny, Meeny, Meiney, Moe .....

or, as an Econ 202 Professor once told us - you don't have to make the choice of either beer or pretzels,

find an affordable, economically viable mix-

Enjoy, and celebrate variety

• Like 1