WTB 1962 Buick Skylark Clock

Ohjai

I am looking to buy a clock for my 62 Skylark.  Does anyone have one they want to part with, or know of a potential source of one.

I just got mine back from the clock shop and was told there was nothing he could do with it.  It had plastic gears in in, and someone had been inside it.  It runs but slooowly, looses a couple of hour in a few hours.

Thanks,

Jim

1 hour ago, Ohjai said:

I am looking to buy a clock for my 62 Skylark.  Does anyone have one they want to part with, or know of a potential source of one.

I just got mine back from the clock shop and was told there was nothing he could do with it.  It had plastic gears in in, and someone had been inside it.  It runs but slooowly, looses a couple of hour in a few hours.

Thanks,

Jim

I may have one.  Can you post a picture of what yours looks like? 

Jolly-John that is an option I was considering, but don't know of a shop that will do the change over.  Any ideas of who is still doing the swap from gears to Quartz?

Jim

Ohjai: Just one comment about the Original Parts Group (OPG) vendor selling the kit Harry noted: The listing indicates this quartz clock kit is "arriving soon" at OPG. My experience with this company is that "arriving soon" could mean anything from two weeks to two years. Just throwing that out there, and definitely NOT meaning to beat up on OPG. Their products are good. However, I now only buy items from them that are in stock at this very moment.

Again, there are many vendors out there who will convert your clock to quartz for you, or who will sell you a do-it-yourself kit. John

• Like 1

Thank you all, I will contact OPG Monday.  I did find a Speedometer and Clock guy in Bonne Terre MO that will look at both the Speedo and Clock.  It's Bills Speedometer Svc in Bonne Terre MO, he use to be in O'Fallon MO.

Have any of you had dealings with him?

Jim