'65 Gran Sport for sale in 1988

65VerdeGS

Found this ad in an 1988 copy of "Auto Trader" advertising a Gran Sport for sale in Florida:

image.png.16bcbc24848d70861181cf1cc41cbcaf.png

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal at only $3,000, and that was his asking price.

That equates to $7,757 today according to the US Inflation Calculator found here: https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Boy, these cars sure have gone up in value in the ensuing 34 years!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Found this ad in an 1988 copy of "Auto Trader" advertising a Gran Sport for sale in Florida

Only GS I knew was the Skylark in 1988 when I already had my 1963 Riviera for 8 years. I vaguely assumed a Riviera GS was a cosmetic package on a 2nd Generation copying the A-Body Skylark. Little did I know the latter was delayed by a few months with the Riviera GS out first in '65!

I also remember preferring a 1965 Riviera for the clamshell headlights but dismissed searching for a '65 assuming beyond my budget.

As for 2X4 Intake, thought that was parts/kit added from GM Parts Division.  I knew of and actually a owned  Pontiac Tri-Power intake only with the 3-carbs. Sold it on Auto Trader.

In my early years scanning classified Ads, I firmly believed "Finds" (original Owner) were possible in populated areas only. In major centers, there were always professionals with the means to purchase nice cars back then.  Be in the right place at the right time to purchase from an original owner in a big city.

• 2 weeks later...