Cruise control errors

Fox W.

Hi all,

Sorry if this overlaps with any previous threads.  Recently my car started throwing cruise errors.  I fear it could be electrical as I couldn't find anything wrong with the module/linkage/vacuum hoses. 

It started by constantly flipping between error state and OK over and over, nagging very often on the CRT.   Then eventually it just became consistently in error state.  

I found an old thread saying there can be a wire in the steering column that can get its insulation rubbed off and short to ground.  Is that common?  

Common......No

However we are driving cars that are 30+ years old and gremlins creep in from time to time.  

Since you have checked several things,  try unplugging and re-plug the connectors for the cruise. 

Cars have extremes of heat and cold,  high and low humidity,  vibration and dust.   All of these can contribute

to connectors loosing their connection/contact.    A little contact cleaner or just WD-40 will not hurt. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks I'll get the code, sorry about that.  I did try unplugging and plugging back in the cruise assembly under the hood as well as checking connectors.   Also I should have mentioned this happens before the car is even running, error is even just while ON (not start)