A question on registrations

So from a recently new member, I have a questions . When are we able to register for the national events that are currently posted in the events section. When I log in to register it gives me an error code saying there are no files. Is this just me? When will I be-able to register? As some may know I just was at Hershey and my pants are on fire looking to get into the next show and go to judging school 

You're receiving the error code because no 2023 National events have been entered in the system yet.  These events are not entered until the local region hosting the event have all the details locked down.  I asked an individual at National last week when information about the South Florida National would be posted.  National is expecting the final information from Florida at any time and it should be posted as soon as it is received.  Shortly after the beginning of the year, I would expect most of the Nationals to be open for registration.

As soon as National has all of the information from the hosting region, we will post the brochure on the website and open up registration for that event. A great way to stay informed about upcoming events, when information is available and when registration is open is Speedster (the e-newsletter we send out at the end of every month). If you ever have any questions, please feel free to call us at National Headquarters... 717-534-1910.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ted sweet said:

isnt just you

Ted...please!  As a long time attendee of Meets you should know by now that it takes 1-2 years for a Region / Chapter to plan and organize everything involved to hosting said Meet.  One thing I know is toughest job at National is the V.P. of Activities who constantly works just to get Regions / Chapters to agree to host.  After that the hosts must submit a regimented list of plans to headquarters for approval such as suitable venues for showfields, trailer parking, hotels to offer price deals, security, and so on.  National publishes int the AA Magazine and elsewhere the "tentative" calendar of meet dates and locations.  All must be approved by national.  Once approved then and only then can a final calendar be published.  Then, registration opens 2-3 months prior to the date from memory.

You should obtain a recent copy of AACA Rules & Regulations then look up "how to host a meet".  It will hopefully satisfy you.

Peter J.

Edited by Peter J.Heizmann (see edit history)