FS 1952 MG TD - Sold

The restoration process is complete and I'm excited for the MG TD to find a new home!

I bought the car as a "basket case" and restored literally every nut and bolt.  Throughout the process I followed the "Nitty Details" https://www.mg-cars.org.uk/mgtd/mgtd_nitty.htm to try and get the car as original as possible.  I even created a box for the battery to make it look 100% original. The few deviations from original are removable seat belts, an electronic ignition system and a walnut burl dash.

The engine was rebuilt including new .100 over pistons, rings, bearings, camshaft and rebuilt SU carburetors.   All sheet metal was removed from the wood frame which was then replaced/repaired as needed before being shot with a 2 part epoxy.   All sheet metal was also shot with 2 part epoxy on both sides before being painted with base coat followed by clear coat.  All chrome was re-plated and the front bumper is a new reproduction chrome bumper from Moss Motors.  All rubber is new along with a new leather/vinyl interior.  The car includes a new Stayfast convertible top, side curtains and tonneau cover.  Over $31,000 was spent on parts and materials alone during the extensive restoration.

The car is located in Johns Creek, GA and I am asking $34,500.

I have a clear title in my name though I do need to mention the title has the VIN as D9666 and the car number on the ID plate and frame rail is 19666.  This is how the South Carolina title had the VIN when I bought the car from the previous owner.

Additional photos here: https://imgur.com/gallery/qzNYS5J

The restoration process was documented in our forums here:

IMG_2510.jpeg

IMG_2522.jpeg

IMG_2531.jpeg

IMG_2519.jpeg

IMG_2492.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Very attractive .. could you comment on the "level" of restoration? i.e. is it a "nut & bolt" restoration including frame restoration?  If so, a few photos would be appreciated .. I sold a 53 a few years ago and am always looking for a nice replacement

DSCN1695.jpeg

13 minutes ago, stevenwham said:

Very attractive .. could you comment on the "level" of restoration? i.e. is it a "nut & bolt" restoration including frame restoration?  If so, a few photos would be appreciated .. I sold a 53 a few years ago and am always looking for a nice replacement

I think the work on the car in question is documented at 

On 3/23/2023 at 12:25 PM, stevenwham said:

How to contact owner? Steve Ham steven_ham@comcast.net (434)466-9820

Contact has been made and an offering is pending.  I believe my MG has found the perfect new home.

• Like 3

• Luv2Wrench changed the title to FS 1952 MG TD - Sold