Build Sheet

zagato

E106080C-D23F-42A2-881D-69C3D5FAA009.jpeg.51268934109032178326fd1b74dec1ab.jpegApparently, Chrysler Corporation spared no money in finding this impressive harbor to unload their precious cargo of Chrysler’s TC by Maserati automobiles. I guess Long Beach or the LA Harbor was too expensive. 

Thanks to Google Earth for the photo.

Thanks for the info Hemi. It appears Chrysler mucked up the process of transporting the TC.  I don’t suppose there is any way of obtaining the build sheets for the cars at this point.  I didn’t realize the irony of asking for the TC build sheets on 10/15 until you pointed out it was Lido’s birthday.

• Like 1

Does anyone out there have a MARONI window label from a later built TC and would you let us know the ‘PORT OF ENTRY’ please. We’re trying to determine if all west coast TCs were shipped to this slum port.

On 10/19/2022 at 4:00 PM, Hemi Dude said:

Does anyone out there have a MARONI window label from a later built TC and would you let us know the ‘PORT OF ENTRY’ please. We’re trying to determine if all west coast TCs were shipped to this slum port.

Mine is a '91. It went to a dealership in Seattle and it's port of entry was Jacksonville. FL. 

11 hours ago, 2Shelbys said:

Mine is a '91. It went to a dealership in Seattle and it's port of entry was Jacksonville. FL. 

Thanks Stephen, this is very interesting! Your TC was built 1 month before the end of production of the ‘fleet’ and it seems Chrysler didn’t want to spend more money on ships than they had to, yet trucking the cars from Florida to Washington State couldn’t be cheap either. And now that TC resides in Maryland. 

It would be interesting to track the shipping habit of Chrysler over the few production years of this car.

Others with records of production are invited to participate in this ‘shipping’ survey.

17 hours ago, Hemi Dude said:

Thanks Stephen, this is very interesting! Your TC was built 1 month before the end of production of the ‘fleet’ and it seems Chrysler didn’t want to spend more money on ships than they had to, yet trucking the cars from Florida to Washington State couldn’t be cheap either. And now that TC resides in Maryland. 

It would be interesting to track the shipping habit of Chrysler over the few production years of this car.

Others with records of production are invited to participate in this ‘shipping’ survey.

You are welcome. I'll bet you are correct in that. They probably didn't want to spend one penny more than necessary at the end. It would indeed be very interesting to compile as much info on this as possible. Here is another window sticker I found online for an even later car than mine. Sold to a dealer in Kansas City, also entered the country in Florida. 

IMG_8397.JPG

It’s interesting to note that the mileage figure for highway is 24. The combined would be about 21. On my ‘90 V-6 

I would say the combined is closer to 28. I can usually go about 300 miles on a little over 10 gallons of regular.

Does anyone have comparable mileage numbers to report?

6 hours ago, rmtroutman said:

It’s interesting to note that the mileage figure for highway is 24. The combined would be about 21. On my ‘90 V-6 

I would say the combined is closer to 28. I can usually go about 300 miles on a little over 10 gallons of regular.

Does anyone have comparable mileage numbers to report?

With my '89 8 Valve TC, my highway mileage is at least 32 MPG up to 34. That is of course with a manual 5 speed transaxle. It was much worse with the 3 speed automatic.

• 4 weeks later...