FS: 1931 Franklin Speedster

larry

Well, at least the hood front, fenders, and maybe the running gear of a 153. But it's sitting too low for Franklin full elliptic springs. Thought maybe 151 head lights but compared to pixs I have of a 151, they are the wrong shape at the rim.

One of one parts car.  

Paul

Edited by PFitz (see edit history)
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, PFitz said:

Well, at least the hood front, fenders, and maybe the running gear of a 153. But it's sitting too low for Franklin full elliptic springs. Thought maybe 151 head lights but compared to pixs I have of a 151, they are the wrong shape at the rim.

One of one parts car.  

Paul

Paul, check out just in front of the front wheel. It is sitting on full elliptic springs in the front anyway. They look pretty flattened out, maybe leaves removed.

Bill

3 hours ago, hook said:

Paul, check out just in front of the front wheel. It is sitting on full elliptic springs in the front anyway. They look pretty flattened out, maybe leaves removed.

Bill

Could be, Bill. Too dark to see on my computer.

I was going by how low that deck is behind the trunk compared to the center axis of the rear wheel, and also how close the running board is to the floor and how much of the tire sidewalls are up into the fenders.

Paul

3 hours ago, PFitz said:

Could be, Bill. Too dark to see on my computer.

I was going by how low that deck is behind the trunk compared to the center axis of the rear wheel, and also how close the running board is to the floor and how much of the tire sidewalls are up into the fenders.

Paul

I lightened it to look at the front spring. You can just make out the front of the full elliptic spring. Anybody's guess on the rear set up. The car is definitely a mongrel.

spring detail.jpg

Much better thanks. Yeah, looks like the 153 "spring -wrapped" eye and not the earlier type forge-welded cast steel eye. And still shows some arc to the leaves.

Like Brooklyn Beer, I'd like to see the firewall tag to know what body style it left the factory as. 

Paul

• Like 3