1929 Buick Coupe 26S - looking for a set of prints or plans for the wood frame structure

DanWoo

I am looking for a set of prints or plans for the wood frame structure for this car. Any ideas where I should look? I have a picture of all of the components but it does not show any dimensions

for me to rebuild the wood. Need help - Thanks!

Dan,

As far as I know, there are no plans or kits to replace the wood in these cars.  Unless you are a skilled wood worker with all the shop tools needed to do compount curves, finger joints, etc..., you will be challenged beyond your limits.  If the wood is good enough for patterns, you still have a chance to make it happen.  Otherwise I suggest you find a GM body builder that has done other GM cars.

Good luck,  

I've made wood parts for 2 cars, a 1931 Chevrolet Coach and a 1927 Pontiac sport coupe (prefer to use Ash), not all that difficult if you have original pieces as patterns and some basic woodworking tools and patience. Have never seen any plans or patterns for any of the Fisher Bodied cars.

IMG_1480B.jpg

IMG_2561.JPG

1 hour ago, HarryLime said:

Use ONLY kiln dried white ash .

Once the wood is 'dried' and has reached its stabilized moisture level it should be fine. No difference in Kiln dried vs. air dried. When building furniture you may want to stick with one or the other on the same project as there may be a colour difference. The wood itself in the end product will be fine either way. Biggest advantage of kiln dried is its quicker and I suppose it will kill any bugs. Bugs can be killed in air dried as well. I have always used the formula of 1 year per 1 inch of board thickness to dry.

• Like 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to 1929 Buick Coupe 26S - looking for a set of prints or plans for the wood frame structure