Road trip to Hershey

SC38dls

The rebuild was six years and 9000 miles ago before the trip. This trip was over 1400 up and back. It’s the longest one I’ve taken. I did four other trips of about 250 to 450 miles but each drive was 3 to 4 hours each day where this was 10 hours one day and 5 the next twice within 5 days. 
The oil use was half coming home compared to going to Hershey. Same mileage, ran at same temp and 15 mph each way.  
Today I went out and checked the cardboard under the car (I put a new one under it when I came home) and there is a pretty good outline of the oil pan with more toward the rear seal. That maybe due to loosing the oil breather cap somewhere along the way. I put a soda can on it as I couldn’t find one at Hershey of all places. I have two possibilities for a new one so no worries on that issue. Plan to get it up in the air soon to get under it and clean it up and check the gasket and rear seal. I’ll let you all know in a new thread. 
I had a great time at Hershey, met a lot of forum members I hope to see again. The car ran well as far as I’m concerned and I have no worries driving to Hershey again and maybe other places as well. Have fun. 
dave s 

• Like 3

Really appreciate your trip notes Dave!  That is fun reading for sideline participants like me.  Add this trip to your rebuild story and you have had quite the adventure with your car.  Hope you have many more!

• Thanks 1

Dave so nice to meet and talk to you, wish we could have spent a few days talking! I never made it to the show Friday morning . Long day Thursday and then at night the dinner for the Society of Automotive Historians which was absolutely great. 50+ people were there and it was a reunion of sorts as I saw and talked to William S. "Bill" Jackson the former Editor of the AACA magazine and we both were actively involved with SAH 4 decades ago.

Wonderful to read of your experience with the Studebaker sedan too,

Walt

• Like 1