Pittman arm shaft seal question.

Buick35

• Buick35 changed the title to Pittman arm shaft seal question.

Give Dave Tachney a call.   He might be knowledgeable on the '35' - 40 series  steering stuff.    It looks just like the '37 - 40' series steering stuff.   I'm not sure but my 35-50 series looked the same as my '37-40 series.   Buy one from Bob's and check it out.     Just be sure that Bob's will take it back if the shafts are not the same.   Is that pitman arm just worn and the seal  keeps the grease in the brass joint.     Push come to shove,  Imused to sell brass bearings and there are many sizes to replace the worn brass bearing.   The seal can be matched by measuring the shaft  O.D. that goes through the old shaft.    Any good industrial parts house that sells oil seals from Garlock, National and others to match.    If I have a problem, either I will change parts and use the '38-40' series steering stuff or just get a brass bearing that comes close and have your machinist make it just like the original bearing.   Buy a new oil seal that matches the same dimensions.   Those things are usually rebuildable by design.