1927 Willys-Knight Roadster $7,500 not that bad!

Body looks pretty decent...the big question is the engine. I've always been fascinated by the Knight sleeve valve. For one thing: what way was it considered superior? On this one I bet if it's stuck...it's REALLY stuck. 

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/louisville-1927-willysknight/7522882056.html

Rare car. Great restoration project! email: 74ace1654a463313b9b666472df99b2e@sale.craigslist.org

00f0f_3Rgnwi8bqvFz_0x20oM_600x450.jpg00c0c_icT1x1saoTJz_0x20oM_600x450.jpg100202_5sHEDnkZGJJz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg00e0e_iAYUBDTERIBz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Notice the "new" fifty year old tires............tells you all you need to know about the condition of the engine.........

8 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

I thought this old fellow looked familiar:

Thanks for that reminder. I did search the forum prior to posting but didn't try with the hyphen so it didn't come up. 

• Like 1

It interests me. But I cannot consider anything that needs that much work.

I have had several friends with various Knight engine cars. They have their good points, and their bad points. (I like them!) And a word of warning to anyone considering this, or any Knight that has been sitting for long? DO IT RIGHT!!!! Do not force the engine to turn! If it turns easily? Check it carefully to make certain all the sleeves and rods are turning and working as they should. Pretty much means pulling the pan and maybe the head.

The only thing worse than freeing up a stuck Knight engine?

Is fixing one after someone has forced it either with the starter, or by pushing or pulling the car in gear to make it turn!

• Like 2