65 Riv Suspension

Kevrev

The factory used shims over the springs to correct ride height but 2 inches is excessive. 

Did you tighten the suspension fasteners associated with the bushings before or after the weight of the car was loading those pivot points?

If nothing is wrong with the spring installation you might want to have the frame checked. Any evidence of a previous front end collision? It doesn't take much to bend the frame horns.

Tom Mooney

21 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

Did you tighten the suspension fasteners associated with the bushings before or after the weight of the car was loading those pivot points?

Definitely check that ^^^ if applicable.

IF you lift on the left front does it now appear to be more level???

A lower control arm bushing wouldn't account for that much even IF it were worn out completely.

The right coil spring not installed correctly could contribute to the problem.

ALSO the comments above.

Tom T.

Hi Guys,

I swapped the springs over to see if it was spring sag, but nothing changed. I have spoken to two other riv owners who say they have same issue. The front is level and springs installed correctly. Car looks like it has no previous damage.

I found what looked like a factory spacer under my driver rear coil spring before I rebuilt the suspension. I assumed it was from old sagging springs. Once rebuilt with ALL new suspension my car sat uneven. So I slipped the spacer back in. I didn’t care to take car to frame shop. It doesn’t look bent but who knows. The spacer did the trick