spark plugs 1928 Chrysler 72

31 LaSalle

Chrysler 75 Spark Plugs (should be the same as your 72)

Thread  7/8” - 18

Reach 5/8”

Hex Size 15/16”

Plug Gap .025

KLG        AL20

KLG        A10

Lodge    ST

AC          76

Bosch    Z45T4

Champion           C4

Champion           20

But unless you are wanting originality, I would recommend buying some adapters to change to modern 14mm plugs. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2022 at 11:48 PM, leomara said:

lozrocks, what about Champion 561 (W16Y) for Model 72?

I'm not too up to speed on temperature ranges on spark plugs.

I think the Champion 20 is also known as a W20 with the 20 being the required temperature. A W16Y may be too hot for the Chrysler engine. (Or is 16 a colder temperature?) Just because it will physically fit doesn't mean that it's the right one.

• Like 1

I may have been conned buying a set of these (W16Y) for my 72 because they were advertised as replacements for whatever the original plugs were in a 1928 Chrysler 6 cylinder.  By the way, does anyone know what the original plugs used were?

Beware that many A Ford  plugs offered  maybe be way to hot and to long a reach.

A basic medium/ warm range  plug is the Autolite 3076.

They are consider hotish but on a 1= cooler to 9 "hottest  scale they are like pushing 5-6 on the scale.

They are the least costly plug and very easy to get.

Also beware of crossreferences..

Many plugs in thes list are plugs that FIT and work...but can easily(usually) be a point or two cooler or a few points hotter then what you are replacing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flivverking said:

Beware that many A Ford  plugs offered  maybe be way to hot and to long a reach.

A basic medium/ warm range  plug is the Autolite 3076.

They are consider hotish but on a 1= cooler to 9 "hottest  scale they are like pushing 5-6 on the scale.

They are the least costly plug and very easy to get.

Also beware of crossreferences..

Many plugs in thes list are plugs that FIT and work...but can easily(usually) be a point or two cooler or a few points hotter then what you are replacing.

understanding spark plug heat ranges is above my skill level at the moment

another poster (LOZROCKS) recommended champion C4

at the moment the car is fitted with a new set of champion C5 which are easy to source in uk

I am not at a stage to run the engine yet

I was thinking the champion C5 would be ok if anybody thinks different please let me know

2 hours ago, viv w said:

My G70 motor has not been touched since 1956 and has C5 plugs in it. I follow your post with interest to see if anyone has correct info.

thank you viv w for your reply

if your car has had C5 plugs in since 1956 it gives me confidence that they will perform ok in my car

Just looked today the series 62 roadster of mine also has C5 plugs, that motor also hasn't been touched in 45 years.

I looked in an old champion catalogue today, the C4 was changed to a W14, quite a cold plug, then going up in heat range there is a W18, then the C5 and then a W20, so the C5 must be a reasonably hot plug.

• Thanks 1