1936 White Tour Bus - Leno's latest

Rusty_OToole

I like that modern style.   Our local Friend Ross Walkup has this 1924 12 passenger White Yellowstone Tour bus and  offers rides ot almost anyone who is interested.   On the 2013 Glidden Tour, Ross was there in this one and Harold Coker had one just like it.  What are rare sight in Chatanooga TN FallTourII.jpg.767ad242eac333bd1426370fc243f628.jpg

Edited by Paul Dobbin (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Ross has a “Great White” although I must admit he let me and Phil drive it…………it drives like a bus! 👍

Taken at the AACA meet in Howey in the Hills last year.

FA275A1F-21FF-4D2A-9CAB-328CBB680291.png

2AE878F5-19C6-4968-A6DF-9DDBEB499CEC.png

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2022 at 5:34 PM, West Peterson said:

Why didn't the restorer just say Count Alexis de Saknoffsky, rather than "a Hungarian Count that moved to the U.S."???? Saknoffsky is probably THE absolute best designer from the 1930s, and he doesn't know his name.

Answer is simple…….he restores things for money, not the passion. Half his historical comments on the busses were incorrect. While no one can have total understanding of such narrow subject matter…….one should make an effort if your going to shoot a video and comment on historical contexts. I’m not a White bus owner, but there are a bunch of owner/collector experts on them………I have interacted with many since I bought my two white cars. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 11:41 PM, Rusty_OToole said:

They recommend 4 ounces to 10 gallons of gas. That is 113 grams  to 38 liters.

Rusty:Do you add any of the lead substitute as well?  Or just the mystery oil?  

I also add "stabil" for increased shelf life.  I don't want to add too many additives and end up with a mess in my tank and carbs.  Thanks for your input in advance.

38 minutes ago, Gerczak said:

Rusty:Do you add any of the lead substitute as well?  Or just the mystery oil?  

I also add "stabil" for increased shelf life.  I don't want to add too many additives and end up with a mess in my tank and carbs.  Thanks for your input in advance.

I don't add lead substitute because I don't have such high compression engines. Your octane should look like your compression ratio. In other words, if you have a 1947 car with 6.5:1 compression, it needs 65 octane gas. If you have a new car with 9:1 compression it needs 90 octane gas. This is not a hard and fast rule but an approximate guide, there are other factors involved, but it will be close. For most older cars regular pump gas of 87 octane will be fine, some very low compression cars may benefit from adding some heavy ends (kerosene) to lower the octane, and some performance models of the fifties and sixties may need octane boosters.

I add stabilizer for long term storage and buy alcohol free gas for the same reason, it keeps longer. Around here the alcohol free stuff only seems to be available in the high octane premium pump which I don't need the high octane but do want the keeping qualities.

• Like 1