My Buick Story - 2004 Regal LS/2014 LaCrosse

Dillon

My Buick story happened by chance. My grandmother remarried in my early teens and my new grandpa bought her a new 2003 Regal LS as a gift. My family, before this point, had been working class. None of them had ever owned a new car or anything close to a luxury car. I believe it was the first time I had sat in a car with leather seats! It was beautiful. The exterior was gold and the interior tan. Sadly, she was involved in a head-on collision after less than a year of owning the Buick, while sitting at a stop light. From that day on she swore her Regal and its fantastic build quality was the reason she was alive. After an extending period of recovery, she was on the hunt for a new Regal. Her second Regal was bought off the showroom floor at the local Nashville, TN Buick dealer in 2004. 

She drove her Regal LS proudly for the next seven years till 2011 when I turned sixteen. It was common knowledge at that point that I was in love with her car. There was never a visit to her house that didn't result in me taking it out of the garage to hand wash it. Her Regal was the most beautiful car I had ever seen and, up to that point, the coolest car I had ever been in. I know everything is relative and this is a prime example. It didn't matter that there were other Mercedes, Cadillacs, or BMWs on the road. Her Buick was the only car I dreamed of. 

A week after my sixteenth birthday during a visit to my grandparent's house, my grandpa asked me how much money I had in my wallet. I had a twenty-dollar bill. "Give it to me," he said. I handed him the twenty-dollar bill and he handed me the key to the 2004 Regal LS. It still looked showroom new. Thanks to me. Haha! I drove that car proudly for three years until it met its demise in an accident on the interstate, that resulted in a hospital visit for me. I was devastated. I was known for my Buick in high school. It was probably one of the nicest rides in the school parking lot. I was the Buick and the Buick was me. Everyone knew how much I loved my Buick.

I was fortunate enough to replace my Regal LS with a new 2014 Lacrosse that I still drive today. It's so special to me. She is a rare Ultra Luxury Package Lacrosse with real wood trim, a suede headliner, and sangria-colored seats. She's a beauty. I don't think I could ever drive anything but a Buick. Although my Buicks were not classics or crazy cool to most, they were very special to me, and my owner experiences with them hold a special place in my heart. My Buicks have been the source of many great memories and I'm so happy to have found a group of Buick lovers like myself.

Dillon Ocana.jpeg

2004 Regal.jpeg

2014 Lacrosse.jpeg

• Like 8

Great cars and a great Buick story!  Thank you for helping preserve the interest in Buick!

If you have not already done so, I hope that you will join the Buick Club of America.  The monthly magazine -- the Buick Bugle -- is absolutely worth the price of admission, and it will be a great way to learn more about the heritage of the Buick automobile.

Where do you live, Dillon?  If there is a Buick Club chapter meeting near you, it would be super if you can attend.

The Buick Club is for all Buicks. And that La Crosse is gorgeous.  I hope you will join the club and bring it to some of the National meets in the future. It has to be 12 years old to be shown on the show field but you are pretty close to that age group at this point. 

Thanks for posting a super Buick!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing, Dillon. My first car was a 1986 Buick Lesabre Limited Coupe that was passed along to me by my grandparents when I first got my license. While I have owned many Buicks over the years as my daily drivers, my favorite was my 2001 Regal GS of the same generation as your 2004. Great car and I had hoped the newer generations would replicate it for me but, they didn't. I am currently driving a 2005 Park Avenue Ultra.