Touring car - late teens maybe - something mid/upper market?

nzcarnerd

2 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Hupmobile did have a similar shaped hubcap for a couple years!

I think it is something bigger and more upmarket than a Model R Hup. It has a larger space between the lower edge of the body and where a running board would be.  It also appears to have step plates rather than running boards.

Admittedly the front fender / running board looks different in photo but hard to make out what really is. Not many cars had the sloped louvers on the hood.  Was also going by 6 bolt rims, external door handles on a touring, and the 6 bolt rear hubs.  I'm certainly not a Hupp expert tho. 

On 7/11/2022 at 1:35 AM, wayne sheldon said:

Hubcap might be Paige?

Wayne, I think you're right.  See attached photo from Shorpy of a 1919 Paige at the SF Golf Club, albeit with disc wheels.  The slanted louvers on the hood ended in either 1919 or 1920; I know they were totally vertical for 1921-22-23-24-25.  The door handles on the 1919, the subject car, and my 1922 are identical.

The excellent Bill Roberts website www.wcroberts.org/Paige_History shows some 1920 models with vertical lovers, others with slanted; that could be variation between "large" and "small" Paiges.  I note the cowl lights are different between the Shorpy 1919 and the subject car; again, this could be large/small model differentiation, or 1919 vs 1920.

1919 Paige trg at SF Golf Club SHORPY-1155.jpg

Edited by Grimy
added last sentence (see edit history)